Swarovski Z6i not holding zero

Call repairs at Swarovski. They will give you free shipping both ways for repairs. If you need a Scope they will furnish you one till yours is either replace or repaired. I forgot the name of the lady in repairs ; she is a sweetheart and will take care of the situation.
I am not in need of any warranty work but am curious as to how the OP felt Swarovski handled his particular issue.

Reactions: RLL
I sent the scope back to the retailer, Optics Trade EU. They took over the process from there and it is back in South Africa. I haven't had a chance to mount and test it, the gun is currently at the gunsmith for some cosmetic work (engraved grip cap). Optics Trade are great to deal with, however Swaro did not even want to entertain the idea that there might be an issue. Also when I contacted them afterwards, they referred me to Optics Trade. In short, they did not blow my hair back... It sounds like the scope was rebuilt, however I can't confirm anything and look forward to testing it.

I sent the scope back to the retailer, Optics Trade EU. They took over the process from there and it is back in South Africa. I haven't had a chance to mount and test it, the gun is currently at the gunsmith for some cosmetic work (engraved grip cap). Optics Trade are great to deal with, however Swaro did not even want to entertain the idea that there might be an issue. Also when I contacted them afterwards, they referred me to Optics Trade. In short, they did not blow my hair back... It sounds like the scope was rebuilt, however I can't confirm anything and look forward to testing it.
It seems the Swarovski warranty process is a bit less involved this side of the pond. I have not yet purchased anything from Optics Trade but they do the best reviews on optics I have ever seen. Good to hear that about Optics Trade customer service. Thank you for posting!

Good
Problem solved!!!

I swapped the Z6i with a Leupold VX5 and it is holding zero and shooting sub-MOA.

I much prefer the look and dimensions of the Swaro, however it is a useless piece of clear glass.
Now there’s a switch- using a pedestrian Leupold to check a Swaro :)

i too realized after sending back my Z5i to Swaro it no longer works…a tremendous disappointment. i love my Z3’s with no problems but for my leopard 25 hunt i just may switch to a Leopold fire dot given my bad repair experience with Swaro

My wife's Z3 is one of the scopes that failed while we were hunting with @KMG Hunting Safaris. When we got home I sent it back to swaro and they repaired it. When it returned it held zero for exactly 9 shots. I am now deciding whether to send it back again or just use it for a hammer.
similar experience with my Z5i. it stopped working in terms of illumination. i sent it back and it still does not work. i will probably buy a Leopold from @markbiggerstaff with fire dot. very disappointed with Swaro!!!

Leupold all the way!
Tough reliable and guarentee is excellent

I do not know if your rifle has iron sights. If so remove scope, try the same procedure at 50yds. See if you have the same group pattern.

Not very scientific, but like you said you do not have several scopes laying around.

This eliminates any chance of it being scope connected.

I had the scope failure on a M70 about 30 years ago. I was doing wildlife eradication on a farm being taken over by the “war vets”. Sad, but at least the farmer got the meat and skins.

Have any of you had issues with a Z6i not holding zero? The specific model is the 1,7-10x42 on a CZ550 in 375 H&H. After 3 groups of 5 shots, the point of impact moves up by 4cm and 1cm right.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I have identical scope on ZKK 602 in 375 H&H.
No issues.

Suggestion.
First try the same scope on another rifle, with some comparable recoil. Like 9.3x62, 300 wm, 338 wm, etc.

If the scope holds the zero, on different rings and different rifle, then most probably the issue is mounts (or rifle). If there is no satisfactory groups, the issue is scope

You can try checking the same problematic 375 H&H rifle, with different scope, or without scope to see how it groups. If the rifle holds grouping well, then again the issue is mounts (or scope)

You get the idea.

I had an excellent experience with Swarovski service. Email them, send it in, they do their thing and send it back. No hassles, no hesitation, no superfluous questions, no charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gwendolyn7

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.