Stop buying goods made in China..now..!

Pondoro

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
I am furious about this disgusting communist regime that caused this pandemic..and I will do my tiny part to fight back:

From now on I will go to extremes not to buy goods made in China..

Imagine if millions outside China also did so...they dont care about critisim but they understand money, just as sanctions has crippeled Russia.

I like the idea; but it is just not possible....

I am writing this on a keyboard-made in China, I can see what I write on the screen, made in China, both are connected to a laptop, made in China, via a docking station-made in China.

I am wearing normal standard bigstore clothing, at least 50% of it was made in China. I go out with my dog and put on my Norwegian top brand Goretex jacket, label inside says made in China. Doggys gear are also probably made in China.
Most of the parts in my british car was made in China.

I am having fish for lunch, frozzen cod. Processed in China
I need something for my headace (who woulndt get one from thinking of this China-stuff??); guess what? 80% of the ingridients of worlds pharmachuticals are made in China.

The western world is very set on destroying it self.
And as a bonus; China is treated as a developing country. We are actually paying to get fu...d by them..

Yeah unfortunately bit impossible.... Sat under the umbrella on chair of our garden set...made in China.... If we could find a set not made in China it would most likely be unaffordable..... But cruiser is made in Japan and presume the bf Goodrich tyres are made in usa...so trying :D

TP probably come from China, but made from processed wood grown in US or Canada. Who knows. I try to buy everything possible at a local store and not over the internet, but, as already mentioned, it’s almost impossible to find “ manufactured in USA” any more.
Interestingly, the US developed mass production and quality control, then handed it off to the rest of the world.
Example: In the 1950s during the rebuilding of Japan, the US sent teams of our top production and QA people to help rebuild. For many years after that Japan was number 2 in manufacturing. It seems history is repeating itself.
JMO

I like cheap prices as much as anyone...

But if there's ANY alternative we won't buy Chinese as it goes straight to the communist government/regime.
To be clear, we don't dislike the Chinese people. At all.
We have enormous respect for the Chinese people.

I put together this little image to use as a screen-saver or perhaps a background image.
I'll picture the image every time I buy something that says "MADE IN CHINA".
Perhaps you will too.

CoronaVirusMadeInChina.jpg

Several years ago I made a concerted effort to only buy made in USA goods. I started buying better quality clothes that would presumably last a bit longer.

Pendleton wool shirts were a bit pricey but they lasted. After a couple of years of buying their shirts I noticed they had shifted all production (except their really expensive stuff) to Mexico.

Filson and Orvis have been doing this for years. The Filson pants are damn good though and still made here I think.

The straw that broke the camels back was trying to buy white t-shirts. I needed new undershirts and all I could find that was US made was a $95 t-shirt. I’m sure they are luxurious but I’m just not that fancy.

Ebay is still a good source for outdoor clothing. Vintage Duxbak and the like are pretty cheap and that old stuff was made well.

I paid a bit more for a dishwasher that was not made in China. To my surprise, the store clerk told me he gets a lot of people doing that. With the pandemic some manufacturing could be brought back to North America. It just depends on how you shop.

Could definitely bring China to it's knees if the world quit buying from them, but it won't happen.

As much as I despise the Chinese leaders, I really have no ill will against it's people. I imagine that most of them are not happy living under a communist dictatorship.

If I could just find an American made cellphone?

Last edited:
Could definitely bring China to it's knees if the world quit buying from them, but it won't happen.

As much as I despise the Chinese leaders, I really have no ill will against it's people. I imagine that most of them are not happy living under a communist dictatorship.

If I could just find an American made cellphone?
People are the same everywhere for sure. We all just want to raise our families and die old.

Don't think we could get away from not buying China produced products as their brand seems everywhere now days BUT I will be paying a premium on the products I do have control over.

Totally Agree...I have consciously boycotted Chinese products for over a decade now.

The billions of Dollars lost by the shutdown of trade world wide should be recovered from China..

Nothing is Impossible...If even such a ‘voluntary economic boycott’ lasted a year,the Chinese Government will be on its knees,the Global environment would be better and of course.. the world would be a better place to live in!

Australia is much the same.
We all want to get a decent wage but we buy online or buy some cheap products mostly made in China.
It’s a vicious cycle. We can maybe slow our consumption of products in general. Maybe hold on to our money a bit longer or spend it locally buy a pub meal etc. unfortunately we can’t influence how the next person spends their part of what we put back into the local economy.
Our car manufacturers went off shore, Many of our essential products are made offshore. Blundstone workbooks went offshore years ago.

How many are going to give up their cel phones because they are made in China? That would really cramp the whole world.
Newboomer
I would gladly give up my cell phone but unfortunately it is an evil necessity now days. Bring back the land line.

Australia is much the same.
We all want to get a decent wage but we buy online or buy some cheap products mostly made in China.
It’s a vicious cycle. We can maybe slow our consumption of products in general. Maybe hold on to our money a bit longer or spend it locally buy a pub meal etc. unfortunately we can’t influence how the next person spends their part of what we put back into the local economy.
Our car manufacturers went off shore, Many of our essential products are made offshore. Blundstone workbooks went offshore years ago.
CBH
Chris
Thank God Bundy is still made in Australia mate. If it was made off shore I would have to become a tea totler. Hush my mouth God forbid that happening.
Cheers mate Bob

In April of 2018, the wife and I spent about two weeks touring China and Tibet for our 25th Anniversary. I promised her we would do a non-hunting type of trip! Lol.

Although it was a wonderful trip, I can tell you that the state-run media over there is decidedly anti-USA and anti-Trump. At night in the hotels, there was always at least one English speaking TV channel to watch the "news." Their version of the news reminded me of the cold war era days with the back and forth with the USSR. It was very negative and talking about how Trump and the USA were unfair to China on trade and about everything else. Also a lot of propaganda about the South China Sea. They clearly view us as an enemy, not a friend.

We were also amazed at the prosperity - women dressed to the 9s, the number of luxury cars everywhere, the new highways, hotels, airports, etc... was astounding. Although not a free society, the government has figured out that if they give the people just enough freedom of the ability to make some money, that they can keep most of them politically under control. They are buying off their own people and we are paying for it. The new infrastructure was amazing but made sense because they don't have a two-party system with leaders that cannot cooperate, like we do right now in the USA. We can't get anything done here!

We really need to bring back manufacturing in then USA and other western countries. I would rather pay $1000 for a laptop than $500 if it meant we could get rid of most of our dealings with the commies.

I am furious about this disgusting communist regime that caused this pandemic..and I will do my tiny part to fight back:

From now on I will go to extremes not to buy goods made in China..

Imagine if millions outside China also did so...they dont care about critisim but they understand money, just as sanctions has crippeled Russia.
Americans had a made in America campaign against Japan. Sam Walton had a commercial that said if it can be made in America will put it in our stores. After he died it became Chinamart and being it the biggest it should be boycotted first. Most the stuff is poor quality.

We bitch about them and I get it but China is the new plantation. Workers, eat, live and sleep on the company property. The workers that make Apple phones, Nike shoes, HP laptops, and a myriad of other product sold in the U.S. don't make anywhere near enough money to buy what they produce. From this chair, they are literally slaves to multinational corporations whose ONLY motive is profit and as long as the narcissism of the American consumer and our tax laws exist, nothing will change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteBal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.