SOUTH AFRICA: Austin & Phil HartzView Hunting Safaris 2013

Congrats, Phil, for a great hunt and very good trophies !

And thanks for sharing your experience wih us.

Congratulations Phil sounds like a great trip you had there

If I counted correctly..... y'all bagged 9 animals. Very nice! I bet son had an awesome trip!

I'm glad you had a good time Phil, a little tip goes a long way in Africa, TIA!

7 days goes very quickly in Africa! My first safari was only 7 days and I swore all others would be at least 10 days. Glad you guys had a good trip with minimal issues. Welcome home!

7 days goes very quickly in Africa! My first safari was only 7 days and I swore all others would be at least 10 days. Glad you guys had a good trip with minimal issues. Welcome home!

I could not agree with your comments more.

Congrat's Phil. I bet it was great sharing the experience with your son! Well done!

A hearty Congrats goes out to you and Austin, Phil, for a wonderful hunting experience together. Great trophies, each and every one of them and they will make special mounts on the walls. You will be able to retell the successful stalks, the busted stalks (not that they matter but they are worth retelling), and the adventure that you were able to share together (and with all of us!). Excellent job mate!

Very good write up Thanks!

These pictures of you and your son are priceless. Looks like you two had an awesome time together. It's great that you got to share this experience. Good for you....congrats!!! :)

Back Home

It's good to be home and be with my wife and younger son, but missing Africa already. I thought I'd add a few photos. I will add them first, post and then edit some remarks and repost. So if you see the post before the remarks are added, come back in a few.

IMG_0266.jpg
It was a full moon when we left for HartzView. At one point during the flight I looked out the window and just thought this would make a good pic with my Iphone. Yes, that's the plane's wing.

IMG_0290.jpg
One of those human statues outside of the Hofbrau Haus in Munich.

IMG_0286.jpg
Inside the Hofbrau Haus looking back at the main entrance. This place is huge and well if you like German beer and fare, it's a great place to go. Hop the "S8" train from the Munich airport, get off at the Marienplatz stop and you'll be in a big square. The Hofbrau Haus is a short walk from there. There are other beer gardens and shopping in this old town section of Munich.

IMG_0283.jpg
A pic of the fountain we sat by for our lunch in beer garden.

IMG_0282.jpg
A horrible picture of Austin's blesbok taken with my Iphone.

IMG_0279.jpg
Boolit and Roxy having a nap after good morning's work on Austin's Eland.

IMG_0277.jpg
A less posed picture of Austin's eland and the whole team.

IMG_0276.jpg
The rump of my eland, the back bone is to the right. Notice the scars bearing testament to the presence of lions in this area.

IMG_0272.jpg
Stuck in the sand in the Kalahari. This is at the top of a dune. Our drivers were simply amazing getting up and over the dunes and avoiding the sand traps. I think we got stuck twice in the two days we hunted out there. After a little digging, we were on our way in less than 5-10 minutes.

IMG_0270.jpg
I just thought this was a cool picture.

IMG_0269.jpg
This one is just for sesstoppleman, is this the beer you've told me about you like so well?

IMG_0293.jpg
A picture of the square at the Marienplatz train stop in Munich.

Yes Phil, thats the one! I love that stuff! I smuggled a 6 pack out of Zim last trip to bring home. Guys in security at Bulawayo had the devils own time trying to figure out what it was in the Xray machine! When I told them, they all laughed and waived it thru. How much did you bring home for me??:tongue: Yuk yuk! Sure wish we could get that stuff here. And I have already looked into it, it aint available in the states. Thanks Phil!!

Yes Phil, thats the one! I love that stuff! I smuggled a 6 pack out of Zim last trip to bring home. Guys in security at Bulawayo had the devils own time trying to figure out what it was in the Xray machine! When I told them, they all laughed and waived it thru. How much did you bring home for me??:tongue: Yuk yuk! Sure wish we could get that stuff here. And I have already looked into it, it aint available in the states. Thanks Phil!!

I concur, yummy stuff!

Fantastic hunt Phil.

I have little doubt that an experience like this will have a profound effect
on someone Austin's age.

Congrats to you both.

Paul.

Fantastic hunt Phil.

I have little doubt that an experience like this will have a profound effect
on someone Austin's age.

Congrats to you both.

Paul.

Thanks Paul! How's your season going?

Thanks Paul! How's your season going?

I leave home, for camp, in about three weeks.
Then four days on the road, a week in Katherine organising supplies and deliveries and finally i'll be amongst the buffalo again !

Have you received your B&M yet ?

Phil,
Great write up. There is nothing better than father/son hunting experiences. Memories and stories that will be around for a life time. Thanks for sharing.

Loved your report and especially the pics. As I told you via the PM, congrats to you and your son, the stuff memories are made of. Those pics of the truck in the sandhills look very similar to parts of West Texas.

Fantastic hunting report Phil! I don't know how I missed it Congrats to you both, some beautiful animal and great pics Austin did great I know your proud. And those Jackal are adicting in fact I've been invited back to my friends farm to stay for free and he'll pay me to shoot Jackal. Tempting, Very Tempting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OVSCharles

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double