SOUTH AFRICA: 10 Day Buffalo/Plains Game Safari With KMG Hunting Safaris July 15

TERMINATOR

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA (Life), Safari Club Intl
Hunted
Namibia, RSA, Canada(Saskatchewan), USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right)
My wife Toni and I like anded in Jburg last evening (13th) for my second Safari with Marius at KMG and checked into the City Lodge hotel at the airport.

Adele from Hunters Permits Africa took care of us from the moment we landed. VIP express thru customs and rifle permit in hand, she and her team had us through Customs, SAPS and to the hotel without a hitch and within an hour of landing. She is s true professional and I highly recommend her. https://www.hunterspermitsafrica.co.za/

Relaxing at the City Lodge today to get recovered from jet lag and start to adjust to time change.

We fly to East London on the 15th for 10 days w KMG

Prime target is Cape Buffalo

Secondly targets are Black WB, Warthog, Impala and Fallow Deer. If we see a Bushbuck by chance I will be sorely tempted to take it as I think they are the prettiest Antelope. Took one last trip with Marius and did a full body mount.

Toni is a photographer and will give her camera a workout.

Cant wait to get there to see old friends and check the zero on my Win 70 Classic Safari .375 H&H so we get started hunting!

Will post more as the hunt gets underway.

A04CF6FF-7B6D-43AF-A232-577D92DBD64D.jpeg
79360314-861E-45BC-BEDE-B517708496AA.jpeg
EFEB564A-3C8B-4B76-ACA1-61101535CBC8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a great time and much success!!

My 1st trip w KMG

Sounds like you have a good plan. I wish you good luck.

Good luck with the hunt! And keep us updated on the progression :)

Have a great trip with KMG. Just spoke with Marius this afternoon, August 9th can’t come quick enough

It must feel great to be back, especially with your wife. I hope you both have a great time.

It must feel great to be back, especially with your wife. I hope you both have a great time.
It does. Will be my 3rd time on Safari in Africa. Was in Namibia in 2000

She loved RSA the first time and wouldn’t dream of letting me come without her.
Plenty of stuff to keep her camera occupied.

Good luck and shoot straight, will be watching for updates.

Good luck on your hunting trip. Bushbuck looks amazing.

Quick update…full story to come. Mission accomplished on the reason for the trip. Old Hard Bossed Cape Buffalo, dream animal of mine, will be going on my wall thanks to the expert guidance of Marius at KMG Safaris!

Was an all day affair. First saw him at 7am
Killed him at 5:30pm after the sun went behind the hills on the 2nd stalk. We had 20 minutes of daylight left.

Got the full experience …
Drilled him behind the shoulder quartering away with my .375 H&H Mag shooting 300 Grain TBBCs in Federal Premium Hi Energy loads leaving the muzzle at 2600 FPS. 200 FPS faster than the standard 300 grain load. But these Buff are just so damn tough he ran down into thick shit of course. We sent the dogs in and after five minutes dogs started barking which means they found him… but as they say in Cape Buffalo hunting “it’s the dead ones that kill you”

So it was Marius my PH, the PH from the lodge and I slowly inching into the bush as it was getting dark with 3 big ass guns at the ready….my 375 was the smallest. Marius had his double .500 NE and a .416 slowly advanced into the thick stuff in the fading light, anticipating a charge at any moment. I was damn glad to have those guys at my side with the heavy weaponry as I was feeling severely under gunned at that moment.

Then we saw him on the ground with Flex, the tracking legend barking furiously. We called Flex and Rigby (the other Jack Russell) to us and I put an insurance shot into him. Turned out it was not necessary but you always do. Touch of the eyeball by Marius with his rifle and it was over. By then it was dark and we took a flash pic of me with him down in the nasty shit. There were high fives all around and everyone was relieved that the “drama in the dark” was over!

Full story of the two stalks on this old Buff, more pics in daylight and Day 1-3 full report to come.
E24140FD-CD12-44E5-BDBD-439046F08B6D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The .300 Grain Trophy Bonded Bearclaw performed perfectly with a one shot kill that ended up in the far shoulder.

4EF776C7-5F4F-4D63-B8BF-41D96453C047.jpg
C0101534-4C90-4580-AB7B-D6CEE5EBF80D.jpeg

Outstanding! Congratulations and I look forward to reading more.
We used Adele on our previous hunt and she was great.

Congratulations! Nice old buff.

Took a tractor and 7 guys to haul him up out of the thick bush where he died to a clear area, where we set him up for pics the next morning in the daylight. Came back at 7am and took the Trophy shots.

The bull was a true Dugga Boy, teeth worn down to the gums. Exactly the type of trophy I desired since I don’t care about record books.

Marius at KMG made a 20 year dream come true!

B5359EA2-D858-40FB-BDCE-4AC3405A220E.jpeg
AE7C02D2-C1D4-4467-A4CD-541B387F9EFD.jpeg
4A667174-7ABA-4049-B966-36E0136A27D9.jpeg
E641F766-6B30-4B6A-AAFC-5D5D4A6F9038.jpeg

awesome pics and buff!! congratulations!!

Congrats on the buff!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildwillalaska

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.