Soft Case Recommendation

Reaction score
Last year I was fortunate enough to purchase a vintage Lee Speed rifle and am looking to get a case for it that pairs with the rifle's age and overall quality. Whoever ordered this rifle from BSA must have been an absolute giant as they chose both a Long Lee length barrel and extended LOP stock.

As such, I really need a shotgun length case.

The one I've been looking at is the 52" Boyt shotgun slip case. Its got buckles instead of historically inaccurate zippers which is a big point for me.

Before I get it I wanted to see if there were any other brands I might have overlooked. I would consider importing one from the UK if appropriate.
GS75-e1410547334692.jpg
20220912_174954.jpg

Nice rifle. The original slip or case, would it have been made of leather or canvas? Either way it seems that you should be looking for your case in the UK. Good luck.

Have you considered having a custom slip made?

I wouldn’t think it would be terribly expensive… period correct slips are a very simple design.

Last year I was fortunate enough to purchase a vintage Lee Speed rifle and am looking to get a case for it that pairs with the rifle's age and overall quality. Whoever ordered this rifle from BSA must have been an absolute giant as they chose both a Long Lee length barrel and extended LOP stock.

As such, I really need a shotgun length case.

The one I've been looking at is the 52" Boyt shotgun slip case. Its got buckles instead of historically inaccurate zippers which is a big point for me.

Before I get it I wanted to see if there were any other brands I might have overlooked. I would consider importing one from the UK if appropriate. View attachment 532305View attachment 532307
Very cool rifle.

Go to Google and you will find what your looking for

Have you considered having a custom slip made?

I wouldn’t think it would be terribly expensive… period correct slips are a very simple design.
Murray Leather will do it and even from your own leather. I have a slip made from my rhino for my double

Probably not what you have in mind, but here are a couple of slips I had made out of eland. They tie shut, are lined and lightly padded. I had them made to protect rifles in the rack on the cruiser. They are great for safari as they roll up tight and don’t take up much room in your bag.

Probably not what you have in mind, but here are a couple of slips I had made out of eland. They tie shut, are lined and lightly padded. I had them made to protect rifles in the rack on the cruiser. They are great for safari as they roll up tight and don’t take up much room in your bag.

It would help if I included the pic!
Image1683419222.162496.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmellaSe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg