Your Hunting Vehicle

Yes Mike the Kazungula ferry crossing over Zambezi is something special... We keep that new Cruiser still with RSA plates so I will be down in Pretoria again in February to do the export registration, then I guess the "fun & game" start... will most probably use a custom clearing company to avoid "high blood pressure"... :mad:..:D..

yup thats the way i came up with mine , and as you say an interesting ferry .....:E Big Grin:. i used a clearing agent for sa and zambia but some paperwork went awol with only copies left and of course they wouldnt accept those so new ones had be got from sa and zra at livingstone. remember in sa you will need interpol clearance , a jevic inspection , de-registration docs from sa , and an export clearance no (cant remember its exact correct name) and if you dont have that you aint going anywhere outside of sa with the vehicle even if you have everything else .......then the police in zambia a few months after it was registered said the interpol clearance cert was a forgery...........i was away so a friend dealt with it and said on the way to the meeting to the fixer he used to register it that he was going to record the whole meeting........when he got there the police said there are no probs with the docs you may go.....somewhere long the line the fixer had sms the police informing them of this..........now i wonder what they were hoping to receive????:E Greedy:.....

Interesting to hear, will be very observant Mike... Thanks for the information.

You're right Kelly. Horseback hunting can be a lot of fun.

Yes, giraffe driving is fun too... it's amazing how close one can get to wild animals on horseback. Of course Giraffe are generally pretty tame and very inquisitive but we're getting close to other animals too - even Kudu and Bushbuck just stare at us when we ride past... Haven't tried to rope a Giraffe though... don't think I will;)

As for the Land Rover... well the picture I posted was taken when we started with the project and it looks a lot better now but needless to say there's a lot of work that remains to be done... getting there though...

Cheers,

Chris
I spent a few days in the back of that old Girl and was convinced it was unstopable

Nice conversion. Usually a little more space in the back than the factory crew cab.

toyota started making the cruiser double cab themselves in 2013, ones before that are conversions done by various companies.
heres my one a 2013 i bought 2nd hand in SA in early 2014 with only 16k kms on the clock , and i love it
Image0148.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing as exotic as many are showing but my old Landcruiser Prado has been carrying us safely into the hills and home again for many years. No trees to hang game from so I made a rack for the side of the truck

And a one legged table for the front that works for a cup of tea break and then to bone out the meat on. Works well.

Attachments

• Photo2083_zpsswqmvyfa.jpg
    Photo2083_zpsswqmvyfa.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Photo2081_zpssyud0kqo.jpg
    Photo2081_zpssyud0kqo.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
:D:p:ROFLMAO::LOL:
Hunting vehicle.jpg

toyota started making the cruiser double cab themselves in 2013, ones before that are conversions done by various companies.
heres my one a 2013 i bought 2nd hand in SA in early 2014 with only 16k kms on the clock , and i love it
View attachment 53837
GREAT... I simply love cruisers for the bush. Problem with the double cab... where do I put BOTH my buff??? (n):ROFLMAO::LOL:

GREAT... I simply love cruisers for the bush. Problem with the double cab... where do I put BOTH my buff??? (n):ROFLMAO::LOL:
No worries, Africans seem to find a way.

I drive a standard Ram 1500 4WD pickup truck. But I secretly crave one of these... DeHavilland Beaver on floats. The Toyota Landcruiser of the skies.
IMGP3100.jpg

Toyota Landcruisers, only vehicle that survives Mozambique.

DSC07674.JPG
DSC07844.JPG
really stuck.jpeg
IMG_061013_051710.jpg

I drive a standard Ram 1500 4WD pickup truck. But I secretly crave one of these... DeHavilland Beaver on floats. The Toyota Landcruiser of the skies. View attachment 55210
No doubt the Beaver is a classic, but even the "new" ones are over 50 years old.
http://questaircraft.com/capabilities/float-plane/

The Kodiak was designed to provide a modern equivalent to replace the Beaver. I know that several missionary groups use them in very remote and rugged areas of the world. Next time I am in Spokane, my friend who works at New Tribes Missions will arrange for me to get a ride in one of theirs (if possible). The Kodiak out flanks the Beaver with STOL capability.

Here's my two usual rigs, and the method I prefer to driving…

IMG_2636.jpg
P1030799.jpg
048 packing out.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimber12N1

Latest profile posts

new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH