Sheep tag auctions

dogcat1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
DSC, NRA, WSF, B&C
Hunted
Ethiopia, South Africa, Namibia, Cameroon, CAR, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda, Zimbabwe,
Has anyone got any experience buying a tag at the sheep show auctions or governors tag auctions?
What was the outcome?

I never tried but the ones I saw this year was in the $300-400.000 range!

I’ve bought some for Colorado and Mexico for clients but never for myself. It was fun spending other people’s money!

So being on the other side of working with the auctioneer when the tickets are auction there is usually two ways and I am assuming you are looking at the Western Hunting Expo with a lot of tags or the ECWSF has the Wyoming Governors tag up for auction.

The first and most common way is you have an outfitter you like, and here is either there in person or phones in bids. But either way the outfitter is doing it on your behalf. And I guess you give him a limit.

The other way is tell the auction company you are interested and they will have a team member get you on the phone in real time to bid on it. I have been the guy on the phone yelling in bids for guys.

You can bid online but internet issues happen. Honestly, I hope you do it this way because everyone would be wondering who the internet guy is.

The biggest thing is understanding the restrictions with the tags, Wyoming isnt good state wide and there is a wilderness rule. Navajo tags require a Navajo guide, etc etc.

But good luck!!! Please give us a hunt report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValentinMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.