Ruger M77 MKII 6mm Rem

Chaplin

AH veteran
Reaction score
I have a very clean Ruger M77 MKII 6mm rem with 6x Weaver classic scope that needs a new home. $900.00 shipped.
Leave me a DM if interested..

Ruger M77 MKII 6mm 0.jpg
Ruger M77 MKII 6mm.jpg
Ruger M77 MKII 6mm 1.jpg
Ruger M77 MKII 6mm 4.jpg
Ruger M77 MKII 6mm 9.jpg
Ruger M77 MKII 6mm 7.jpg
Ruger M77 MKII 6mm 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you’ve got your post count/reaction score ran up thanks mostly to the “on a lighter note” thread and you’ve limited who can view your info/posts. All that fits a pattern and throws up some major red flags.

I distinctly remember saying you’d be posting a sale ad not long after you joined in January..

I hope you’re legit and I’ll apologize if I’m wrong. May want to proactively jump through some hoops to prove you’re on the up and up.

Last edited:
I bought this rifle and have sent proof of payment to seller. I mailed a USPS money order as requested today. I note that he has not listed as SPF or otherwise. I had difficulty in getting Chaplin on a phone conversation. I banked on the AH Veteran status and the picture dated with his username and rifle in picture one . I was looser than normal on my due diligence and that's on me. Chaplin initially would only text but ultimately we had a short phone call. That's where things got more inconsistent. He seemed very uncomfortable and knew nothing about the rifle. However he had given me what appeared to be pretty specific information via DM's about ammo preference etc. I specifically asked if the rifle had the twist to stabilize 100gr bullets. It could be that the seller was using the internet to find answers I'm not sure. So when @Wishfulthinker580 posted the above post I started sweating bullets. I asked seller what he would do to clear his name and he said he had asked the mod to remove the post. The only way we will know if this guy is legit is if my rifle shows up after payment. Until then my recommendation would be to not purchase from him. If this seems unfair then Chaplain should take this opportunity to clear his name. I have copy of money order if Mods need it via DM. I prefer to think the best of folks but there is reason for concern here. Thanks.

I bought this rifle and have sent proof of payment to seller. I mailed a USPS money order as requested today. I note that he has not listed as SPF or otherwise. I had difficulty in getting Chaplin on a phone conversation. I banked on the AH Veteran status and the picture dated with his username and rifle in picture one . I was looser than normal on my due diligence and that's on me. Chaplin initially would only text but ultimately we had a short phone call. That's where things got more inconsistent. He seemed very uncomfortable and knew nothing about the rifle. However he had given me what appeared to be pretty specific information via DM's about ammo preference etc. I specifically asked if the rifle had the twist to stabilize 100gr bullets. It could be that the seller was using the internet to find answers I'm not sure. So when @Wishfulthinker580 posted the above post I started sweating bullets. I asked seller what he would do to clear his name and he said he had asked the mod to remove the post. The only way we will know if this guy is legit is if my rifle shows up after payment. Until then my recommendation would be to not purchase from him. If this seems unfair then Chaplain should take this opportunity to clear his name. I have copy of money order if Mods need it via DM. I prefer to think the best of folks but there is reason for concern here. Thanks.
I sincerely hope I’m wrong and your rifle shows up! I hate it when these situations come up.

@AfricaHunting.com @BRICKBURN @Chaplin

The 1st clue it's a scam is when they ask for a USPS money order.
If you're lucky, the receiving postmaster might be sympathetic and intercept it for you. You'd probably have to file a fraud complaint 1st, but you have to act fast.

The 1st clue it's a scam is when they ask for a USPS money order.
If you're lucky, the receiving postmaster might be sympathetic and intercept it for you. You'd probably have to file a fraud complaint 1st, but you have to act fast.
Are you serious? :A Bonk::S Please:Forgive me, I am a scammer!

100 % serious. I will never ask for nor send a USPS money order. Besides the scamming risks, it's a pain to cash one. If you live in town your experience may vary. I can send a check or deposit one from the comfort of my home. Might be 2 weeks or more before I can get to the post office between the hours of 9 and 3 (and closed for lunch) to buy a MO.

I send and receive PO m/o's all the time, my preferred payment for my listings on GB, my bank cashes them.
Small town, close to the PO, I go in right after lunch and usually the only one there, do my thing and gone.
I certainly have never looked at them as scammers choice!

I send and receive PO m/o's all the time, my preferred payment for my listings on GB, my bank cashes them.
Small town, close to the PO, I go in right after lunch and usually the only one there, do my thing and gone.
YOU are very correct sir! The scammers choice is electronic funds, IE why most are moving to PMO or even personal check from trusted folks.

100 % serious. I will never ask for nor send a USPS money order. Besides the scamming risks, it's a pain to cash one. If you live in town your experience may vary. I can send a check or deposit one from the comfort of my home. Might be 2 weeks or more before I can get to the post office between the hours of 9 and 3 (and closed for lunch) to buy a MO.
Sir, everything you stated has NOTHING to do with scamming, just personal comfort to YOU! You are spreading propaganda!

Hate to tell you but I think he's a scammer. I PM'd him asking a few simple questions about the rifle and got zero response.

I didn't know a bank would cash them? I thought one had to go to a post office to cash them to make sure they weren't counterfeit? Good to know.

In case anyone is really interested in buying an M77 MK2 in 6MM Rem. I currently have one for sale. It's on consignment at a local gun shop at the moment, but if anyone is interested, I will get it back and post some photos. $900 sounds about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhOKVIP

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.