Rockin G Ranch Hunting Season Pictures

Well clients left this morning so this afternoon I had the oppurtunity to climb up in a bow stand and do a little archery hunting.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Good looking whitetail! Looks like you got your first piece to practice on at the new shop.

Nice Buck Gizmo!

Very good. Nice rack to boot.

Beauty buck!

Not sure that is a LITTLE hunting! Nice buck ... maybe you can get a good deal on the taxidermy!

We counted 30 deer total yesterday morning between sunrise and 830.
image.jpeg

Explains why you have to fill that feeder weekly. ;)

Explains why you have to fill that feeder weekly. ;)
Royal those are 1 ton dualy feeders. They hold 1500lbs of protien feed (custom blend from our feed supplier to provide all the nutritional requirements of deer) which is fed year round on a free choice bases. They can eat as much as they like anytime they want. It also holds 500lbs of corn which is broadcast twice a day for extra calories and an attractant year round. There are 7 of those feeders across the ranch which we have to refill every other month from sept through to April. Typically we only have to fill them once throughout the summer as consumption goes down as result of native forage blooms. Additionally there is 330 acres of high quality food plots planted yearly. There is also 3 hog specific feeders with a special homemade hog concoction I mix set infront of bow stands. We go through a lot of feed but investing in the health of the herd pays big dividends when deer season comes around. It also keeps our deer healthy during droughts.

Gizmo, very true.

.... boy isn't it nice to not be in a drought year!
Yes it is but we've significantly dried out up here over the last couple of months. They're talking rain this week so keep your fingers crossed. Soon as we planted our food plots we got some great rain but none since. Everything is starting to burn up. If we get some good rain and the temps can cool off we'll be in good shape. We've been seeing some spectacular deer so far this year.

Nice to see some exotic rams with a full curl and plus. I guess many are shot off at some places before they reach their genetic potential. I like how you have some that look to be well matured. Very nice trophies.

We try very hard to only shoot mature animals.

Here is a few quick videos of some Texas Hogs at the Rockin G Ranch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rkcipl

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.