Rigby's new podcast

SFRanger7GP

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Wichita Falls TX or Colombia (It's Not Columbia!)
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member NRA and DSC, SCI, IOSH
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Namibia, Argentina, Bolivia, Panama, Italy, England, Scotland

Enjoy!

Safe hunting

I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to the next one.

Looks like they missed October :unsure:

Yes, a very promising start.

Just downloaded I’m excited to listen. It seems a lot of hunting podcasts don’t last. I hope this is good and does.

I enjoyed the ribbing that Marc Newton gave to Buzz Charlton about wearing crocs. If I recall correctly, there was a stern warning about not wearing them the next day on the grouse moors.

I see that many on here have commented on Charlton's choice of footwear, but we need a thread on the merits of crocs vs. boots for PH vs. client. You know, crocs have the old school class and are the best for when you have to take two steps quickly, but the problem is that most clients don't wear crocs enough to know how to walk in them well, so it's better to just wear boots. Of course, if you put in the time and have a pair of crocs properly fitted by an expert shoemaker, they can be an excellent choice.

Enjoy!

Safe hunting
I am a podcast nerd. Thank you!

Good morning and I am glad the podcast is being enjoyed. It is no secret that I am a big Rigby fan. I hope to send a new one soon.

I think there are jobs that attract "characters". These characters are generally legendary at what they do, and they often do things out of the norm, which makes them and the job even more interesting. Buzz is definitely one of those characters as are numerous other PH's.

When I was a Scout Platoon Sergeant in the 82nd, We were getting ready to take over DRF (Division Ready Force, 2hr recall for real world contingency) and had a full battle rattle kit layout and inspection. The Battalion Commander (BC) and staff as well as the Division Commander were doing a walk through. The BC stopped and joked with me and my platoon and looking down at my layout, he asked "where are your socks and underwear, Platoon Daddy?" My reply was "Real Rangers don't wear socks and underwear, Sir!" And the truth is for most of my career, I did not use either. It was part of my "character" as well as an effective jungle rot precaution, and I could stomp out a fire with my feet in those days.

Having said that, it appears the crocs work great for Buzz and definitely add to his legendary character. However, I will not be trying that. My hardcore days are long over. Now, I could never hunt in crocs, and I need my socks and underwear:LOL:

Safe hunting

So we might not be seeing these offered by Rigby in time for Christmas :unsure:
:ROFLMAO:

mockup crocs.png

Episode 2. Enjoy!

Safe hunting

Episode 2. Enjoy!

Safe hunting
There's also a video of this episode at

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleyPa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.