Rigby Guns

The last discussed Wilkins is still listed for sale at this time. Something wrong with it? Price to high?

Wow. Glad my double rifle escaped the dispute. According to a letter from the factory my Rigby double was manufactured for a 'Sir R. Harrington' in 1903 originally as a .450 3 1/4. It was then refurbished at the factory in the 1970's at which time it was also converted to .470 NE. Now, let the dispute between all participants continue.
I’m glad my Rigby in 275 Rigby has its certification letter showing it was built in 1956

I'm a long time lurker and of late have decided on a 470 double. I love the british old doubles looking at few that are on sale, and good condition. My budget is around 50 K and I'm in TX. Any advice suggestions would be great.
If you have not bought yet you will find no finer double for far less than your budget than @rookhawk 470 Heym DR with ALL the bells and whistles

The J&L Wilkins name was used by the late Chris Soyza to build rifles under. He made a few bolters as well as double rifles up to and including .700 NE.

Now that the John Rigby name is going to be put on rifles made in London, what becomes of the California Rigby Co? Are they the same or will there be a legal issue here with the use of the Rigby name?

Interesting. I have met Mark Neil a few times and had the pleasure to spend a full day with him, Mark really wanted to restore "Rigby" to its past time glory, I had 2 Rigbymausers we agreed to copy, A 400/350 and a .303. Mark had unfortunatly allied himself with conartist named Peter Nerving(now jailed). Mark passed away in 2010 due to throatcancer(too much smoking). The last conversation I had with Mark was in 2010 where we had talked about making a new Rigby cartridge. A 470Nitro that would be cut a slight shorter and given an rimless extractor rim so it could be used in a magnum Mauser action. The shoulders would also become lowered so we could remain the long caseneck of the .470Nitro. My days are over in regards to special projects, but often think Mark and if that cartridge would have been a success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyHandley

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.