Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Patriot Life member Benefactor Level
Hunted
U.S.A., R.S.A, Namibia
My taxidermist hit me with a question I wasn't expecting. Do I want the skull and horns as a unit plus the actual shoulder mount with replica horns, or do I want the horns removed from the skull and used in the shoulder mount. I honestly never thought about any of this. Anybody have any ideas on which way to go?

How far away from the mount will you be when looking from the floor? If far enough away, it might be neat to have the skull and horns as their own thing on a shelf. I doubt most people would know the difference if you never told them one set was a replica. A lot of it depends on personal taste. Some really like skulls, some don't.

If I were to ever shoot a rhino I think I would take careful measurements of the horns and have a reproduction made by a taxidermist that I had carefully vetted that they made good reproduction of rhino before. Then I would put the actual horns in a safe with my elephant ivory.

I had the original placed on the shoulder mount and the replica on the Rhino skull that sits on an end table.

HH

Rhino horn has no value in the U.S., right? I mean, you can't sell it. Or can you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyH

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.