REVELATION

Right so we have covered that the .22lr is the perfect close quarters dangerous game rifle , what do you reccomend if I want to do a bit of long range with my Brno model 1? Thinking Gemsbok out to around 1200 metres? Better to use the 40gr hollowpoint for its higher BC or go with a CCI stinger for the increased velocity?

Right so we have covered that the .22lr is the perfect close quarters dangerous game rifle , what do you reccomend if I want to do a bit of long range with my Brno model 1? Thinking Gemsbok out to around 1200 metres? Better to use the 40gr hollowpoint for its higher BC or go with a CCI stinger for the increased velocity?

Oh Yes, the 40 gr for long range work, NO question.

Oh Yes, the 40 gr for long range work, NO question.

My only concern with the 40gr would be overpenetration and potentially wounding an animal standing behind the quarry...

You must be a better stalker & shot than me Bart. I've been using a 22 Mag. I better practice a bit.

My only concern with the 40gr would be overpenetration and potentially wounding an animal standing behind the quarry...

I think the CCI stingers, after all gemsbok are only thin skinned plains game.

Here is one thread I never get tired of... remember it? Laughing my ass off right now...

I miss Bart.

L
yup.....i wonder what happened to him???

Last email he was going to guide elk hunts. I wonder if he took his wife to Hawaii, or if he made another trip to Africa. ..

L

Last email he was going to guide elk hunts. I wonder if he took his wife to Hawaii, or if he made another trip to Africa. ..

if he didnt take her to hawaii then maybe thats why he has never been heard from since.............;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohitgupta

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg