Red Deer March 31 2024

Clodo Ferreira

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hi,

My very recent Red Deer. A somewhat rough hunt, abrubt part of the Andes. Full rut, some 8 deers roaring out of sight. Suddendly this one appears at 300 meters below us. Shoot at 250 meters aprox, (red circle) broke the spinal cord but the deer fall 50 meters downhill stopping in an almost imposible place...! Took 2 hours to clean the "trap" and get the meat, legs, shoulders and backstraps.
Rifle BRNO ZKK 600 9,3x62 Zeiss Victory 1,5-6x42 Ret 4. My own reloads with SAKO cases, R15 and RWS H-Mantel 258 grs at 2650 p/s. Cero at 200 m. Deadly! As usual, the bullet pass but leaving an impressive inside damage.
The knife outstanding!!! Bark River 1,25 Lt CruWear.

3 p.jpg
5.jpg
10.jpg
3 p.jpg
10.jpg
7.jpg
93x62 H Mantel 258 grs a 2650 ps.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like an amazing and memorable hunt. Congrats!

Very good stag, congrats :D Cheers:

Great job! Nice Photos!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Magnificent ! When hunting red stag in Europe, I always prefer my Churchill Gun Makers Model Deluxe 7x57mm Mauser. These days (thanks to @mark-hunter ), I mostly prefer Prvi Partizan 173Gr soft points. They do quite the number on European red stag.

Well done sir!

Congratulations. I was in Argentina for red stag the following week. Will do a report soon.

Love the pictures of the mountains. Very nice stag and like your rifle choice!

Very nice stags and very nice rifles. Congrats!

Waidmannsheil @Clodo Ferreira ! Very nice stags and a great looking rifle! Well done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KurtMacalu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double