Recommendations for South Africa Handgun Hunt?

why two? either one will do the job.go with a meet and greet ,get your permit up front.your home free then.use to have a scope,now???put one in your case.

why two? either one will do the job.go with a meet and greet ,get your permit up front.your home free then.use to have a scope,now???put one in your case.
I'm not going to the other side of the world for a hunt with only 1 weapon if i can help it. Full redundancy in guns/optics is just a smart way to hunt ive found.

We went to RSA last Sept and indeed used a service to get the gun permits done ahead of time. The good thing was that the folks helping us with the permit met us at the airport and took us to the front of the line to get the guns checked out by the police.

I took a Super Redhawk and T/C Encore and didn't have any problems.

We went to RSA last Sept and indeed used a service to get the gun permits done ahead of time. The good thing was that the folks helping us with the permit met us at the airport and took us to the front of the line to get the guns checked out by the police.

I took a Super Redhawk and T/C Encore and didn't have any problems.
What calibers did you bring, what bullets, what game? Which outfitter did you use? Please share some details of your adventure! Thanks

I believe stalking crocs w/ a 2.5" S&W .38 Spcl. (on small riverine islands) would be quite challenging! Keep your PH close! .460 S&W and proper bullets/shooting will do the trick, but I'd rather have the rifle (lol most weigh less and are much more powerful!! 'Got rid of my hunting pistol toys long ago.) Son uses the 454 C. Ruger for bear backup in AK.

I’m sure you’re an experienced handgun hunter otherwise you wouldn’t think of going to Africa for hunting with a handgun.
I would suggest Limpopo area where it’s a little easier to stalk because of thicker vegetation and concentrate on species easier to stalk.

Matt, You should check out Handgun Hunters International. We organize groups of hand gun hunters on African safari’s every two years. The 2025 Hunt has already filled (sold out) two camps, but there’s already one or two interested party’s looking to book into a third camp.

Matt, You should check out Handgun Hunters International. We organize groups of hand gun hunters on African safari’s every two years. The 2025 Hunt has already filled (sold out) two camps, but there’s already one or two interested party’s looking to book into a third camp.
Yessir I am indeed a member and post questions on there very frequently. I am weighing up my options for 25, which includes maybe participating in the HHI hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesDet

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.