Politics

One for the conspiracy theorists. I've no idea what this picture is of I took from the deck of my house. To the south of Phoenix, heading from west to east more/less.

IMG_1550.jpeg

Seems no conspiracy. There was a SpaceX launch tonight from Vandenberg Space Base in California.

Rocket engine exhaust plume with rocket still firing in upper stratosphere and ground observer in shadow near sunrise or sunset. The exhaust plume is illuminated by direct sunlight. Very cool effect. Always different too. Conditions have to be just right within an hour or so of sunrise or sunset. Have watched them a few times after different launches. Also, if that was a Starlink launch, farther downrange the small sats get strung out after deployment and before final orbital positions form a chain of bright "reflectors" moving easterly at a predetermined inclination toward their final orbital destinations.

Seems no conspiracy. There was a SpaceX launch tonight from Vandenberg Space Base in California.
Darn…
I was really looking forward to reading all the conspiracy theories!
Great pic! :)

The last ten pages or so of polarised back and forth between normally rational, reasonable and intelligent people upon who should be their president between two inadequate candidates has cemented my view that the current form of your democracy has failed the USA. There has to be a better way. Forget your domestic issues, the whole future of humanity may hang in the balance.
Some thoughts for alternatives:
1. Strip the president of real power and devolve that to a 'super committee' of no more than five people with a majority vote system. People would need to be qualified according to criteria and nominated for choice by congress.
2. Strip down both the senate and congress to about a third of their size and give the members limited terms.
3. Force performance in some way, x number of acts passed or whatever per term or they all get removed.

Or....?
This will never happen but if there was a requirement to vote revolving around being a productive citizen...... Have a W-2 or pay self employment tax... Pay property tax. Even paying your own rent!

Or maybe have a clause that if you recieve welfare payments, your right to vote is rescinded.

I'm sure I'd be hung in the public square for suggesting this anywhere other than on AH.

My dad drank a CONSISTENT 18 cups a day minimum.
Amateurs.... If Gina could down one more pot per day than she is currently consuming, I'm sure she could take over the World;)

Last edited:
Rocket engine exhaust plume with rocket still firing in upper stratosphere and ground observer in shadow near sunrise or sunset. The exhaust plume is illuminated by direct sunlight. Very cool effect. Always different too. Conditions have to be just right within an hour or so of sunrise or sunset. Have watched them a few times after different launches. Also, if that was a Starlink launch, farther downrange the small sats get strung out after deployment and before final orbital positions form a chain of bright "reflectors" moving easterly at a predetermined inclination toward their final orbital destinations.
Yup a year or so ago that chain of lights was seen going over Mille Lacs Lake in Minnesota. Pretty cool;)

Amateurs.... If Gina could down one more pot per day than she is currently consuming, I'm sure she could take over the World;)
Actually, what my dad was best at was bumming coffee, getting filled up coming in, during, and exiting office visits, etc.

So......Putin extends his authoritarian rule in a preordained election.
I guess Russia has it's fair share of low IQ voters, as we do in the states.
I don’t think if ALL voters in Russia voted for someone other than Putin it would’ve made any difference. The election was a sham orchestrated by Putin and his Mafioso thugs.

Last edited:
Would anyone here run against Putin.

Remember Viktor Yushchenko, or Alexei Navalny.

Yushchenko ran against Putins puppet for Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych in 2004

Yushchenko was winning so he was poisoned with Dioxin
I’m surprised (maybe not) Putin didn’t have a “secret” supporter run against him to make the election seem legitimate? I guess he doesn’t really care if everyone knows his reelection is a farce. Most/all dictators don’t.

1710843343498.png

1710843399435.png

1710843485680.png

Absolutely correct. For instance, the divisiveness of election of 1800 was easily equal to the what we see today - perhaps more so. The major difference being the speed at which outrage is generated thanks to modern communications. The Federalists, with Adams seeking reelection, eventually lost to Jefferson and the then Republican party (actually eventual democrats) only after a bitter contest that finally ended in the House of Representatives and near collapse of constitutional government. I take some small solace in the fact that later in life Jefferson and Adams renewed their deep friendship and remained close for the remainder of their long lives.

Jefferson and Adams died on the same date, July 4, 1826. The 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Wonder what the conspiracy theorists of the day had to say about that? :unsure:

I’m surprised (maybe not) Putin didn’t have a “secret” supporter run against him to make the election seem legitimate? I guess he doesn’t really care if everyone knows his reelection is a farce. Most/all dictators don’t.

He had I think 2 running against him....both his puppets.....the BBC reporter who interviewed them said they didn't promote themselves, but continually praised putin ....the only viable one left was barred from running after he started to become a bit too popular.....

Share Message - Putin claims landslide in Russian election and scorns US democracy

Last edited:
This will never happen but if there was a requirement to vote revolving around being a productive citizen...... Have a W-2 or pay self employment tax... Pay property tax. Even paying your own rent!

Or maybe have a clause that if you recieve welfare payments, your right to vote is rescinded.

I'm sure I'd be hung in the public square for suggesting this anywhere other than on AH.

It's interesting that you bring up these types of considerations because some of our founding fathers actually did...

At the Constitutional convention it was argued by some that only property owners should have the right to vote. Others argued that should be extended to those who own businesses as well... Even a handful of delegates suggested the requirement of literacy which was still the exception rather than the rule at the time. The general consensus being at the time that one must have skin in the game in order to have the right to vote. So, your suggestions for those types of requirements were actually given serious consideration by some very brilliant men of the times...

What men were thinking at the time and why is the part of history that fascinates me. It's also the part that progressive liberals cannot seem to accept. They fail to understand historical perspective... Many Americans, especially those under 30, probably have no clue that the black man was actually granted the right to vote before women in this country which shows that gender bias was actually much more significant than racial bias even then... Sorry ladies, I guess you were considered to be just too valuable in the kitchen and for procreation than to be burdened with the vote.. LOL...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.