AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
For those who have deleted paypal accounts in the wake of the recent debacle on fining accounts, there is always a Bank to Bank transfer as an option. It takes a few days for the transfer to arrive although security is assured. I will keep my paypal account as it is the easiest option for me to make and receive payments.

I'm hanging on to my account as well, for now. I'll see what is happening with it over time.

Never had a need for Paypal.
Wife did have a Paypal account and complained about it so much she just cancelled it.

Somehow, I ran a software company and the family accounts without Paypal, so they are of no interest to me. Much ado about nothing.

What in the world would have given them the legal right to fine anyone over misinformation statements. They need a lawsuit. But then, freedom of speech is largely opposed by Leftists.

What in the world would have given them the legal right to fine anyone over misinformation statements. They need a lawsuit. But then, freedom of speech is largely opposed by Leftists.

Terms of service. Not sure how enforceable that would be, but I suspect in CA it would be no problem and that’s were the suit would tried.

I'll keep mine for now.

I don't keep much money in it, and I do think it offers a small level of protection as a buyer above a credit card, especially when combined with a credit card.

Been using Paypal for about 15 years now I guess. Have never used it to buy things at a business. Just to send money to friends or family. I wouldn't even know how to use it to conduct business on it.

I'll keep mine for now.

I don't keep much money in it, and I do think it offers a small level of protection as a buyer above a credit card, especially when combined with a credit card.
The best advice is to not keep any funds in the account. As soon as funds come in transfer them to your PP connected bank account and then move them to a safe account that is not connected and when you want to send funds then transfer that amount to your PP connected account. That way PP can not access your funds as has happened to some for various reasons.

^^That’s the way I use PayPal. I use it as a transfer device not as a bank account. Larger transfers usually require bank transfer, smaller amounts with known entities I’ll use PayPal if both parties agreeable with it. For smaller intl cash pick up transfers I use Remitly. Otherwise, credit card, personal check or certified check.

The best advice is to not keep any funds in the account. As soon as funds come in transfer them to your PP connected bank account and then move them to a safe account that is not connected and when you want to send funds then transfer that amount to your PP connected account. That way PP can not access your funds as has happened to some for various reasons.
If its necessary to go through all of that then no matter how convenient it may be CANCEL IT!! Send the bas---ds a message that they are way out of bounds!

Be careful, I had $0 in funds in my paypal and my account linked. Someone from the Philippines hacked/used my paypal account to make a $10K purchase, which debited my linked account, over drafting it (I don't keep more than a couple grand in that account). This resulted in almost a month of back and forth, paypal trying to withdraw money from my account 5 times (5 over draft fees), and my bank locking all of my accounts with them for this entire time since they claimed someone was still trying to withdraw/make charges. This was all a few days before I was getting ready to depart for Africa earlier this summer, and while trying to purchase something from a seller here on AH. Luckily he was extremely understanding about it, and said he experienced something similar months prior.

I ended up unlinking my account to avoid something like this in the future since they initially refused to refund the money after the initial investigation and I had to appeal. When the news broke, I deleted PayPal in it's entirety. I'll do Bank to Bank, Wires, Zelle, or a Certified Check for future transactions.

I also unlinked my bank from PayPal several months ago. Whether you keep a balance in your PayPal account or not, you’ve still given them permission to debit your bank account. I used PayPal to make a payment on a purchase, my credit card flagged it as fraud, and they immediately debited my bank account instead. I now only have a credit card on file with them for commercial purchases. If I buy something on AH I’ll send a check or zelle. No quality seller should turn down a personal check from an established member willing to wait on it to clear.

I also unlinked my bank from PayPal several months ago. Whether you keep a balance in your PayPal account or not, you’ve still given them permission to debit your bank account. I used PayPal to make a payment on a purchase, my credit card flagged it as fraud, and they immediately debited my bank account instead. I now only have a credit card on file with them for commercial purchases. If I buy something on AH I’ll send a check or zelle. No quality seller should turn down a personal check from an established member willing to wait on it to clear.
I have an agent in the US who will except personal checks on my behalf to simplify purchases for those who prefer this method.

For those who have deleted paypal accounts in the wake of the recent debacle on fining accounts, there is always a Bank to Bank transfer as an option. It takes a few days for the transfer to arrive although security is assured. I will keep my paypal account as it is the easiest option for me to make and receive payments.
@Von Gruff,

you seem a really good guy, and i agree with most of your commentary on this forum.

i agree, it is convenient. however, convenient did not work on th go fund me thing for the canadian truckers. i suspect, if you become the enemy, or do not bend the knee to the state that you will be punished. regardless, i do not want to support the jack wagons that are willing to take money from people they don't agree with politically.

i don't understand wanting to support such a company, convenient or not, but to each their own.

@Von Gruff,

you seem a really good guy, and i agree with most of your commentary on this forum.

i agree, it is convenient. however, convenient did not work on th go fund me thing for the canadian truckers. i suspect, if you become the enemy, or do not bend the knee to the state that you will be punished. regardless, i do not want to support the jack wagons that are willing to take money from people they don't agree with politically.

i don't understand wanting to support such a company, convenient or not, but to each their own.
I deal almost excusively with international payments incoming and outgoing for and from 9 or 10 countries so there is a convenience in the one system that is world wide. I inverstigated being able to except credit card payments but there was a high cost to maintaining the account that is needed to be able to do so that superceded the benefit and there is not another medium that is as internationally excepted and available so if I want to continue to make knives for the A H community ( or the AH community wants me to continue) then an exceptable alternative is not evident to me.

yeah,

and i want to apologize, i should have PM'd you that commentary, not put on the forum, sorry about that.

i am also not constrained by international business, so, that never occurred to me.

If Paypal tried to "fine" me and withdraw funds from the only account linked, it would be interesting to see what that bank told them, as I haven't been a member of that CU for 20+ years, lol. I don't even keep a CC (that isn't expired) on file with them. When I'm forced to use that service I add a valid card then delete it immediately after the purchase. If I take a payment from someone through PP, I pay the buck fifty and have them send me a check.
I keep an account because there are a lot of people who use PP and what I sell doesn't violate any of their rules and others only want to accept payment through PP. But given an option, good old cash, check or Zelle are preferred options. One of these days I might even set up to take CCs.

I cancelled my PayPal account about 25 years ago when they went anti gun.
Screw 'em.

I cancelled my PayPal account about 25 years ago when they went anti gun.
Screw 'em.
If you canceled everything that was anti gun or hunting you would end up sitting in a corner in the dark.

Take a look at the policies of the company and executives that you got your phone and or computer from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DickOxenha

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….