New member from Minnesota

Welcome to AH

Welcome from a fellow hunter from North Dakota! I will be going on my first Safari for a Cape buffalo and Sable with Tsala Safaris in June!

I have been thinking about what you asked about outfitters and my advice would be before starting to look, sit down and write out what you want out of a safari. The experiences, the environment, animals to see and or hunt etc. Use your criteria when searching and talking with outfitters to find the one that provides what you are wanting. There are a lot of great outfitters out there and some to be avoided. Start with your criteria and go from there.

Welcome to AH from another Minnesotan! I am heading to South Africa for my third safari in June. Cape Buffalo is on the list with Nick Bowker Hunting. We've hunted with him before and had an outstanding time and experience. Very professional and high quality animals! Be happy to discuss with you.

Welcome from Chaska MN

Thanks, did your hunt feel like fair chase? We’re the animals self sustaining?

Pat
Yessir, the animals are alert and wary. The buffalo were definitely not tame, had a couple run ins with them that got my heart going. The herds of most the animals on the properties were all good numbers that contained cows, young, and trophy bulls. We hunted two different properties that weren't their home properties but based on what I was told by my PH, those properties you will really get a world class buffalo experience. They can accommodate anything you want and will bend over backwards to do so. Highly recommend!

Welcome to AH! We are sure you will find your dream buffalo.

We look forward to sharing our passion and continent with you!

Kind Regards,
Valie Enslin
Owner & Outfitter of That's Africa Safaris

Welcome to AH.
My advice would be to plan for a plains game hunt with an outfitter who also has buffalo on the property.
If you do that you can decide to shoot a buffalo or not after being there.....

Welcome to AH!

Good day Nutterman,

Good luck with the search and planning of your safari. I think its half the fun!!! Happy to answer any questions you might have. There are a lot of good outfitters on the forum so I'm sure you will be in good hands hunting with any of the.

Cheers
Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.