Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I am going on a 10 day hunt in the kalahari. Down where Namibia, Botswana and RSA meet. I am doing the day rate and hope to get five or six trophies. What would be the best animals to make sure I get in this area? I am thinking of maybe taking another hunt sometime for Nyala and bushbuck somewhere else. I guess what I am asking what trophies are more available here that would be harder or more expensive somewhere else. I was thinking kudu, oryx, hartebeest, springbok, mountain zebra, and maybe something else. Eland is offered for $1500 which is about as cheap as anywhere. Lenny

lwaters

your list is a good list and could be a little aggressive unless you are lucky.

The question become what size trophy are you willing to accept.

I just want good representive of the spieces. My friends will be just as impressed with a 52in. Kudu as a 60in. With the day rate I don't have to be completly tied to that list. Kudu and Oryx are at the top but I could easyly subsitute some on the others.

Looking for a good representative you will do well. it when you are looking for those extra inches that you will run out of time to soon.

have a great time...

You have a very good list in for 10 days "kudu, oryx, hartebeest, springbok, mountain zebra, and... Eland Lenny"
Representative trophies will be much more possible than RW everything.

Good luck.

A lot of it depends on who is managing the property? I think you should find good quantities of the animals you are looking for in that area. Some Outfitters are very good at managing a property for quality and quantity.

Hi Lenny,Oryx, Hardebeest, Springbok, should be good there. Kudu and Eland not so good. Mountain Zebra should be ok but a difficult hunt. Bushbuck in Namibia is only available in the Kavango and the Caprivi.
Let me know if you need any info.
Margie

i dont know if mountain zebra are found in this region.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ktman

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.