Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
I can't imagine the scenario one would envision where a .380 is the answer.

I once had a well known firearms instructor tell me, "I wouldn't carry a .380 in my ass even if I had enough room for a canoe up there".

I once had a well known firearms instructor tell me, "I wouldn't carry a .380 in my ass even if I had enough room for a canoe up there".
Well, it was a chick you know..... :A Outta:

What's a .380?

Reading that article was frustrating. Granted, I’m not a musher, as she says, but to say no musher would ever carry a rifle or large caliber gun because all the jostling would easily make it go off, and then to say “It’s not that I wasn’t prepared. I wasn’t prepared to kill a moose, that’s correct.” It then goes on to say she has since gone on to upgrade to a larger caliber (what about it going off easily?)

You would think growing up in Alaska in the outdoors would aid in not being ignorant…

She needs to stick to nursing. She obviously doesn't know WTF she's doing as a sled driver in a wilderness area.

Moose stomping dog teams or snow machines is not uncommon when the snow is deep. The moose like walking on the packed trail and don’t like to yield the right of way. I once thought I was going to have to take on a cow moose with a 22 pistol but luckily she backed off after about a minute.

More folks are killed or injured by Moose than Bears in AK.

She needs to stick to nursing. She obviously doesn't know WTF she's doing as a sled driver in a wilderness area.
She should have been on a snowmobile and left the dogs at home? I know I would have. LOL

Some other reports mention a gun, but not the type or caliber.
IMHO, she had the .380 for protection from two legged predators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakuli375

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek