Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
I can't imagine the scenario one would envision where a .380 is the answer.

I once had a well known firearms instructor tell me, "I wouldn't carry a .380 in my ass even if I had enough room for a canoe up there".

I once had a well known firearms instructor tell me, "I wouldn't carry a .380 in my ass even if I had enough room for a canoe up there".
Well, it was a chick you know..... :A Outta:

What's a .380?

Reading that article was frustrating. Granted, I’m not a musher, as she says, but to say no musher would ever carry a rifle or large caliber gun because all the jostling would easily make it go off, and then to say “It’s not that I wasn’t prepared. I wasn’t prepared to kill a moose, that’s correct.” It then goes on to say she has since gone on to upgrade to a larger caliber (what about it going off easily?)

You would think growing up in Alaska in the outdoors would aid in not being ignorant…

She needs to stick to nursing. She obviously doesn't know WTF she's doing as a sled driver in a wilderness area.

Moose stomping dog teams or snow machines is not uncommon when the snow is deep. The moose like walking on the packed trail and don’t like to yield the right of way. I once thought I was going to have to take on a cow moose with a 22 pistol but luckily she backed off after about a minute.

More folks are killed or injured by Moose than Bears in AK.

She needs to stick to nursing. She obviously doesn't know WTF she's doing as a sled driver in a wilderness area.
She should have been on a snowmobile and left the dogs at home? I know I would have. LOL

Some other reports mention a gun, but not the type or caliber.
IMHO, she had the .380 for protection from two legged predators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosefaShro

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.