Leopard Follow Up and Charge

It’s interesting to read your comments on the Leopard Charge I had last July in my concession in Zambia…thanks in advance
@Valerio, now that you are here: Congratulations on a job very well done! Not many would be up to that task!

@leopardslayer I won't speak for anybody else, but I certainly didn't get the feeling that anyone was trying to belittle the man or tear him down! I know for myself personally that was absolutely not the case. I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way, and even more sorry if he does. That was certainly not my intention.

@leopardslayer I will echo what @Cam Moon said. I am in no way, shape or form was intending to belittle anyone. I was simply trying to wrap my head around how I might feel in the same situation. Certainly not my intention to belittle anyone.

It’s interesting to read your comments on the Leopard Charge I had last July in my concession in Zambia…thanks in advance

So, I wanted to figure out why you guys got in so close?

Congrats on your team doing it’s job so well and walking away without scratches.

@Valerio well done sir. Where are you hunting in Zambia?

So, I wanted to figure out why you guys got in so close?

Congrats on your team doing it’s job so well and walking away without scratches.
I don’t understand the question…..and thanks

I don’t understand the question…..and thanks

It is likely the video perspective that has me confused. I’ll ask a different way. How close were you to the Leopard when it started the charge?

Aprox 10 meters but we could not see it

It is video perspective and editing that left the impression you were much closer. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I’ll remember this lesson for future videos.

the shot that killed the leopard was taken when he was at 1.5 meters away

That is pure pucker factor and you sir did an incredible job of handling the entire situation. I would hunt with you any day!

the shot that killed the leopard was taken when he was at 1.5 meters away
Really well done. I assume that was instinctive over the sights rather than looking through the scope?

Someone may have already said it in a posting, but the other fellow that deserves a pat on the back is the cameraman. That lens doesn't even shake.

My leopard ran with the shot at around 9 pm. The blood trail led up a shallow donga about three feet deep, six feet wide, and over hung with acacia. Nick Nolte and I eased up it with the tracker's arm holding a bright flashlight between us. I was carrying my scoped .338 with fixed scope mounts. At the time I wondered if carrying it barrel first like a club might have been more useful. Fortunately, the cat had died in full stride around the first corner. I would have been delighted for Nick to have cut loose with his .470 had that animal been alive and coming our direction.

That is pure pucker factor and you sir did an incredible job of handling the entire situation. I would hunt with you any day!
Thank you sir

A couple of years ago, I watched a video in which Craig Boddington was going to kill his 100th buffalo with a pistol. Unfortunately, just as Boddington pulled the trigger, the buff moved. The unfortunate result was a wounded buff. The outfitter would not allow Craig to accompany him and the tracker on the follow up - and Boddington is a very experienced hunter. Much respect to Valerio for allowing the hunter to be present at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.