Izakbass

Izakbass

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
No membership
Hunted
South Africa.
Hi my name is Izak. I am from Pretoria South Africa. I hunt Bush pigs with hounds. Mostly in maize fields and wetlands. The biggest adrenaline rush ever. I would like to to hear from other hog hunters.

I only get to shoot a "stray" pig now and then so I'M not going to be much help. But welcome to the forum and I look forward to your posts.

Welcome to AH Izak! I've not hunted hogs but once and that was accidental. Many years ago in Texas. But it does sound like fun, would like to read some stories about what you do.

Welcome to AH Isak! Glad you found us and joined. Looking forward to having you share with us your passion.

Welcome Izak

Welcome to AH.

There are some very dedicated members that chase pigs in various countries.

Welcome to AH!

Izak welcome, I like to let lose the hounds on pigs as well we get them with a knife here in Alabama. It is quite exciting I have to agree. :D

Welcome to AH!

Hi Izak, didn´t hunt a bushpig yet, but have 8 warthogs and a few European wild boars.

Welcome to AH !

Thanks for the welcome. Yes the Bush pigs cause a lot of damage in the maize fields. They feed during the night and then bed down at day time. We then use the dogs to chase them up and bay the pigs. If the pig are very big we will shoot it. Or attentively use a knife

Welcome to AH sir! Hunting with the dogs is a thrill in any country! As a young man I hunted many times in South Carolina white tail deer with dogs. Our club had two packs of dogs! We ran one pack in the morning and the other on the evening run. All the dogs knew that they got to eat only after they ran and came back to the field kennels. It was amazing that even in the late hours the dogs would hear the horn from miles away and come back!

Hi Izak,

I haven't had a chance to hunt pigs in Africa yet.. but they are on "the list" for my hunt next year..

I do chase hogs here in the US whenever I get the chance.. My wife and I have an absolute great time every time we go.. and usually try to set aside a weekend or two every year to hunt them..

Welcome to AH Izak!

Welcome to AH! Hog hunting is always a blast! I've never done it with dogs but am always happy to help my buddy with population control on his Texas ranch

Welcome!! Please post some pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grat

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.