Introduction Izak Müller

Izak-M

Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
I have been on the site many many times as a guest, and decided today that seeing as I have all the time in the world with this Lock down, that today is the day.

I grew up on hunting stories from my father. He hunted quite extensively in the old Rhodesia, and at one time he hunted crocodiles professionally in the Sabie river. On the farm he shot plains game, one hippo and two leopards.

I have in my life owned a couple of great fire arms, some that I sold and that I can kick myself for. I have missed a couple of opportunities due to not having money and for those I lament at night at full moon. Worst one was a 505 Gibbs in 1982, as a first year student, that was offered in the STAR newspaper for R500.
Nobody would borrow me the money and sadly, it was lost to me.

I had a lovely 7x64 Musgrave that I swopped for a winch, Yea I know, I was an idiot!

Now I own a Brno mod 21 8x60S (1948) and a Brno .22.

SWAMBO is against hunting so I have read all that I could lay my hands on and watched Youtube ect on hunting. During this lock down I have decided to resume my love for hunting and will, as soon as this ends plan and execute a hunting trip in the deep bushveld. Maybe speak to one of my PH friends?

So next in line in fire arms is a 9.3x62 CZ ZKK, a 7x64 Brno and then some or another 6.5 Quicky (6,5 x68).

Shotguns, not so much but maybe a classic English gun in a case that does not break the bank to much.

Hand Guns, love my Glock Mod 21.

What else, I have a small collection of old Africa hunting books and some of the new classics as well.

Thanx for taking the time to read a little, I will endeavor to learn more and if I can contribute with the little knowledge that I have, I will do so.

Regards

Izak

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH Izak-M. Your story is not an unfamiliar one. We have all sold rifles we wish we had not, and found ourselves short of funds when good deals came along. Hopefully you will soon be able to go hunting again. This virus has given all of us a dose of "Cabin Fever" that only the outdoors can cure. Lots of folks here share your "love" of BRNO rifles up to and including the ZKK 602. Fortunately for you, they are more available in Africa than they are in the United States.

Izak, welcome to the AH forum and glad you decided to join! Looking forward to your participation!
If you have any old photos of your dad’s hunts, I’m sure we would all love to see them! That was certainly a different time.

Welcome to AH, great place to be to weather the Covid storm.

Welcome to AH Izak! Glad to have you on the posting side.

Hello Izak-M,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Giday Izak and welcome to the A H forums

Hi Izak, welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to our forum Izak!

Welcome to AH.
Enjoy.

Welcome to this great forum Izak! Enjoy the site!

Welcome Izak. You'll find all the info you need here, and some you never knew you needed.

As for future rifles, take the extra half step and drop the 9,3x62 for a .375 H&H then when you get the chance you are rigged up for minimum caliber for dangerous game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolHagen

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.