Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)

This should start some conversation.

Note in pic 9 is a letter from the director at C&H, the last sentence. Something about bullets crossing the line of sight at over 150 yards or so.....
:A Outta::A Stirring:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 6.42.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 6.42.02 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 6.42.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 6.42.04 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 6.42.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 6.42.05 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
  • pix764996762.jpg
    pix764996762.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 84
Couldn't tell you how long that double has been re-running on GB but its been a long time.
I find the extra $500 for shipping and fees interesting in itself

I find the extra $500 for shipping and fees interesting in itself
You are being too kind,
I call it Highway Robbery!

Haha that is a little sad isn't it I thought maybe he was saying drop but no says diverge !

Maybe Mr Holden was only a Office worker ?

No idea about the rifle but if I were going to ship it to a buyer and it was indeed worth $11k the shipping and insurance alone would cost roughly $220. Then a $20 or $30 FFL transfer fee, another $195 for a Pelican case (I won’t ship in anything less even if it is their Vault line), along with purchasing locks and mailing the keys. I would have just started the bidding at 11 or 11,500 or set the buy now at that and included shipping and insurance. If it is a $11k rifle…..

Haha that is a little sad isn't it I thought maybe he was saying drop but no says diverge !

Says Director. Dont think some drone was answering letters for C&H.

Gee, now if I did not already have two custom made big bore doubles, ???

Depends on ones school of thought. If one believes the bullets never cross at any point and just go side by side until they hit the ground then I guess so.
If however one believe that the bullets do cross paths at some point in their flight, then they will of course diverge at that point.

I particularly like the bluing applied over the rust pits on the action. And what is that thing screwed onto the rib?

It looks like a fairly plain, unengraved double rifle. Pictures are not that clear to see what it has for sights (rear is a standing sight and a slot in front?) and something screwed to the barrel between the sights. The $500 is too high.

I particularly like the bluing applied over the rust pits on the action. And what is that thing screwed onto the rib?
Based on the distance of the sling attachment and the piece you are referring to on the top of the barrels, it appears to be a securing device for the sling attachment. If in fact that is what it is , it's pretty tacky. Pretty sure I have never seen such a device on a double rifle before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryceLebro

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!