In memoriam - Meat Loaf passes away

Meat Loaf was as big a part of my life in the 80's and 90's as country girls, pick up trucks, Budweiser, and stinky dive bars. A music ICON for sure, Thoughts and prayers for those he left behind, I'm sure he will be missed by all. RIP

Well sat night is drinks night here as nobody working tomorrow...so having a Meat fest in the bar and a few beers to be followed by the odd Bombay and tonic.... :D Beers: to his memory and music

Screenshot_20220122-220434_YouTube Music.jpg

Heading for Paradise by theDashboard Light.
RIP
@RabdyF and everyone else.
Meatloaf would do anything for love but I won't do that.

Does anyone know what "that" is, I've been trying to figure it out for 30 years.
Great singer and a humble man.
Loved playing bat out of hell full volume in the truck when I drove interstate, but the hammer used to go down to full noise. In one truck a W model kenworth that was in excess of 100 miles an hour. More fun than shooting a 458 Lott, less painful .
Bob

@RabdyF and everyone else.
Meatloaf would do anything for love but I won't do that.

Does anyone know what "that" is, I've been trying to figure it out for 30 years.

But I'll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life
No way

And I would do anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love
But I won't do that
No I won't do that

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's use this an the example.

There are multiple statements made in the song followed by a reprise of "I will do anything for love". Repeating "I will do anything for love" makes the song confusing if you aren't paying close attention. Pretend there is only one, "I will do anything for love", and it will make more sense. In the above stanza, he is saying he will " never stop dreaming of you every night of my life no way". He will do anything for love but stop dreaming of her every night of his life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is easier to see at the end of the song, because the writer has "I won't do that", two times before the three times saying "I would do anything for love." ie: he won't be screwing around on her.

Sooner or later you'll be screwing around

I won't do that!
No I won't do that!

Anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love!
I would do anything for love!
But I won't do that!
No I won't do that...

There are a number of different "thats" like this in the song. Hope this helps explain what "that" means.

But I'll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life
No way

And I would do anything for love
But I won't do that
No I won't do that

Let's use this an the example.

There are multiple statements made in the song followed by a reprise of "I will do anything for love". Repeating "I will do anything for love" makes the song confusing if you aren't paying close attention. Pretend there is only one, "I will do anything for love", and it will make more sense. In the above stanza, he is saying he will " never stop dreaming of you every night of my life no way". He will do anything for love but stop dreaming of her every night of his life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is easier to see at the end of the song, because the writer has "I won't do that", two times before the three times saying "I would do anything for love." ie: he won't be screwing around on her.

Sooner or later you'll be screwing around

I won't do that!
No I won't do that!

Anything for love
Oh I would do anything for love!
I would do anything for love!
But I won't do that!
No I won't do that...

There are a number of different "thats" like this in the song. Hope this helps explain what "that" means.

Wheels what the fk...all I can say... :E Shrug: :E Head Scratch::E Celebrate::D Beers:

Well sat night is drinks night here as nobody working tomorrow...so having a Meat fest in the bar and a few beers to be followed by the odd Bombay and tonic.... :D Beers: to his memory and music

View attachment 448284

Well had good session listening to that whole playlist....and kept going....:X3:....so off to bed ...5.27am....shit my bar is good ...:A Banana::A Thumbs Up::E Celebrate::X3:..think syd and me quaffing a few in his memory ...kinda covered part of the bar top.... along with listening to his music.....well tried 5 or so times to load photo of bar top...but something wrong tonight with trying to load stuff on here for me tonight....so unfortunately can't share the photo of the happy bar top....fk it cheers all :D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.