In memoriam - Alistair Gellatly Retired Zambian Professional Hunter Passes Away

Hi, can anyone tell me how Alistair died? I’m trying to put a book together on my father Bryan Smith, whom both Rory and Alistair worked for a various stages in their lives and would like to get a bit more information on the passing of Alistair. TIA Shirley

Send me a pm with your cell number and I will try to phone you... bit long to explain typing

Sad to hear of another PH's passing. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Sorry I can't figure out the PM thing Thank you
@Shirley your post was edited. As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

The PM system on AH is called Conversations.

If you go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/ you will find your messages there. If you want to start a conversation, go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/ and click on the button that says Start a New Conversation or go to the following link: https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/add.

Also by clicking on a member's avatar, a window will open up giving you the ability to click on a link called Start a Conversation to send a message to that member.

So sorry for the loss of your friend Mike. Though I did not know him, I will raise a glass in his honor.......

There was a one hour show broadcast here in the states about the incident Wayne referred to. I believe the show was called "I Survived" and was on The Discovery Channel. (I'll look it up) The ordeal Alistair and his friends and family went through was terrifying to say the least. Alistair must have been one tough man.

Strangely enough I just got sent this by a mate...

Strangely enough I just got sent this by a mate...

So sorry to hear, and my sincere condolences to you Mike and to Alistair Gellatly's family.

This has been a terrible year, way too many death. I remember seeing that show, but didn't know who he was then.

So sorry to hear, and my sincere condolences to you Mike and to Alistair Gellatly's family.

This has been a terrible year, way too many death. I remember seeing that show, but didn't know who he was then.

He died in 2015...

My bad Mike, didn't see the date, just your recent post. I need to pay more attention to the dates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJweasel77

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.