Ideal Couger bullet?

My Hound Rifle: Browning BLR - 308 win. 180 gr. RN Core Lockt.

Before hound hunting was banned in Washington 30+ years ago. My friends and I had hounds and would go out every minute it stopped snowing to cut fresh tracks. Hunt all night and fill the truck up with Bobcats. Anybody around the area who had a cougar tag was welcome to come if they bought Gas.

img_5391-jpeg.581415

This has always worked for me. 1970 grains of gin,vodka and vermouth. A 2nd shot has seldom been necessary , except on the largest of the species. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_5391.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
200 grain .35 Remington Lever action is the best caliber and easy to carry gun for treed cougar or bears on bait under 100 yards.

My Hound Rifle: Browning BLR - 308 win. 180 gr. RN Core Lockt.

Before hound hunting was banned in Washington 30+ years ago. My friends and I had hounds and would go out every minute it stopped snowing to cut fresh tracks. Hunt all night and fill the truck up with Bobcats. Anybody around the area who had a cougar tag was welcome to come if they bought Gas.
That's exactly how it was up here in BC in 80's and 90's. I never owned dogs but did many miles looking for tracks, buddies with dogs would then converge on area, boxing the rds.

I even carried the same gun good old BLR in 308 s, still have it. So sad we got older, slower, less dog ownership by "redneck" hunters now and opportunities keep getting taken away by antis.

MB

Heard this from a friend:

Safest bullets are blanks or rubber coated. Best bates are: tequila, wine, Fireball, covering the bate with cash or credit card.

I used a 32-20, lead bullets, worked perfect , shot a couple management WT before i went with it, both folded up like they were hit by a .300 Win Mag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValentinMo

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.