Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I am in need of a buttstock extender kit for a Blaser R8. This is for my son’s rifle and our upcoming Zimbabwe Safari. Jasper has grown quite a bit, has become quite the athlete, and could use a longer LOP. These spacers are out of stock everywhere. I do have a couple of spacers so even if I could find the Blaser screws that are the longer ones (2.25” 3mm hex head) I could get by.
Please let me know if anyone has one of these kits.

IMG_5263.png
IMG_5233.jpeg
Jasper 9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Worst case, a slip-on butt pad...

Phillip,

Screws are just screws. Nothing special about them. They just need enough freeboard to be able to penetrate into the interior of the stock.

For the spacers you could orders some kydex and cut it to fit. Then sand it down to fit the Blaser.

Minor gunsmithing project for the two of you. Probably be done with it in a night.

You could also make it out of wood, plywood, or a variety of other things.

I cut a rifle stock for my daughter and we spent hours on it. She had complained that she didn't like shooting because the rifle didn't fit her. I spent hours working on it. The she caught the pre-teen bug and turned up her nose at shooting. She never fired it after I spent so much time working on it.

Kids break your heart regularly.

But I just need 2 screws!
Pull the screws out and go to home depot and pick out screws that are a touch longer. They need not be "Blaser screws".

Pull the screws out and go to home depot and pick out screws that are a touch longer. They need not be "Blaser screws".
I’ve been to our industrial bolt shop and even they don’t have one that will fit. Metric and a small head.

Tell me how long they have to be and what you need. My local German gunsmith can probably get them from Blaser.

I called Blaser and asked to order a R8 mag bolt head. They said they didn't have it. I called him and he told me to pick it up 2 days later, he got it from Blaser. If it exist he can get it.

I can ship bolts without a bunch of drama.

you might give Blaser USA in San Antonio a call. worked for me recently.

Tell me how long they have to be and what you need. My local German gunsmith can probably get them from Blaser.

I called Blaser and asked to order a R8 mag bolt head. They said they didn't have it. I called him and he told me to pick it up 2 days later, he got it from Blaser. If it exist he can get it.

I can ship bolts without a bunch of drama.
They are 2.25" long and have a 3mm hex head. It is worth a try!

I have had the best luck matching unusual bolts at Ace hardware.

You could also have a local machine shop make a pair.

Attachments

• R8 Professional Buttstock Spacer with Screws – Top Dog Guns Global.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Metric or imperial screw them in with fingers.

Lon

Attachments

• Blaser Rifle Stock Extension Set R8 Professional : R8 Professional Suc – BushWear.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wovoka

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?