Hunting Elephant/Cape in Zimbabwe or South Africa up by Kruger??

huntingbigun

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Patron NRA, SCI, KRVSA,
Hunted
USA (Fl, Ga, Tn, Kt,Sc, Al, Tx, Nm, Co, Mt, Wy), Canada (Alberta, Manitoba), New Zealand (north & South), South Africa (Kalahari, FreeSate, East Cape & Limpopa)
Gang while try and figure out what double I want and then this questions has came up between us boys who are wanting to go back to Africa next year.

Hunt up by Kruger in SA or Zimbabwe for 50 lb Ele and Big Cape, my 2 partners wacked couple monster Capes with Louis this year but they want another and heck I need my first lol.

So while Louis works away on the Kruger deal, I feed the fire and ask were which one you like the best and why and what spot is your favorite.

Then be so kind to add your favorite time of year and PH/Outfitter,

Thanks in advance

Bigun,

My personal preference is Zimbabwe. If you do book in Zim make certain it is with a reputable fully licensed Zim PH/Outfitter. If you use an agent make certain they give you the exact area and PH so you can confirm it is a good area and legit.

Here are a couple of good outfitters in Zim that can take care of your needs:

Martin Pieters Safaris (Omay North and Omay South) Martin posts on AH. I have hunted with him twice and am booked for a third hunt next year. He is having a good year in the Omay and has taken some very nice elephant. Here is an offer he has for this year.

http://www.africahunting.com/great-...ant-buffalo-zimbabwe-late-season-special.html

Martin Pieters Safaris :: Omay Zimbabwe Safaris :: Welcome

CM Safaris (Buzz Charlton and Myles McCallum) Charlton McCallum Safaris - Like Martin they are very good. Buzz is an elephant fanatic and has some good areas. I have not hunted with Buzz, however I will and recommend him without hesitation. He, like Martin, is one of the "good guys". He also post on AH.

Charlton McCallum Safaris - Zimbabwe Safari Tours, Hunting Big Game Trophies in Dande Safari Area, Zimbabwe, Africa.

Mokore Safaris (The Duckworth Family) I hunted with Neil Duckworth in 2010. Extremely good experience. The have a limited quota of elephant on the Save and shoot some very nice ones, good buffalo also. I would hunt with Mokore again in a heartbeat.

http://www.mokoresafaris.com/

There are others like Walker Watson Safaris (Cliff Walker Rifa area), Chifuti, Shaun Buffee Safaris (on Bubye Conservancy), and others.

Time of year is important. Some areas early season is better for elephants and can make an interesting buffalo hunt because everything is green and thick. Other areas late season is better due to the scarcity of water. Your outfitter will tell you the best times.

Remember all of these areas are unfenced (except Save 850,000 with a partial perimeter fence) so it is hard for an outfitter to guarantee any size. Martin will tell you expectations of ivory in the Omay will be 35-40 pounds per side, however they just shot a 68 pounder in the North and have taken several others over 45 pounds this year.

Another very good operator is Zambezi Hunters. Safari Lawyer would have chastised me for not mentioning them. He just finished another hunt with them and not to steal any thunder all I will say is the rumor is he shot a very nice cat. You can search his hunting reports on AH and they speak to the professionalism of Zambezi Hunters.

Great tips and many thanks thats what i love about AH ask and you get great info
:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zahadurahbrotherhood

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you