Howdy From SW Louisiana, USA

Clayton

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Member of
NRA: Patriot Life Endowment Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation: Life Member LA Shooting Association: Life Member, Gun Owners of America: Annual Member SW LA Rifle & Pistol Club: Annual Member
I've spent more time here lately than anywhere else. Joining felt like the right thing to do. I've hunted nearly my whole life. For so many years an African hunt was at the top of my Bucket List. But life has a way of interfering with the "best laid plans of mice and men". Such that I now see I should have made that list in pencil.

Nonetheless, acceptance of reality has not dimmed my spirit or interest. I do so thoroughly enjoy keeping up with the goings on you folks share. Physical limitations have now restricted me to some local Whitetail Deer hunting and that's just fine by me. But I can still enjoy a good safari vicariously through keeping up with your posts.

You have a great place to learn too. Even an old man can pick up a few things from Africa and apply them to his own local experiences.

Good luck to us all.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to realize your African dream!

Welcome to AH Clayton! Glad you are enjoying the site and look forward to reading your post as well as participation.

Welcome to AH Clayton!

Glad you signed and introduced yourself.

Welcome to AH.

Welcome Clayton! What part of LA do you deer hunt? I do mine in South Arkansas!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Clayton! What part of LA do you deer hunt? I do mine in South Arkansas!
Southwest. Not the best lease in the world, but only 6 miles from the house is a big plus.

Welcome to AH! Glad to have you on board.

Welcome to AH Clayton!

Welcome friend. Grew up there and guided at Johnson's Bayou (Chateau Charles) to help make ends meet when I was in college (early seventies). The hunter's horn sounds loudly for all of us on this site, regardless of where we take that passion.

Howdy Clayton,

I've fished & busted teal down on the Calcasieu.... Heading back in September for a gator!

Btw.... You would be surprised on what you can hunt with physical limitations ( hides, blinds, high rack bakkie, etc). Don't rule it out..... EVER!!!!!

Do a little Birdwatching at Johnson's Bayou. Downed more than one JD & Water at the old Chateau Charles bar. And I did fish & do Squirrel & Deer hunt on the Calcasieu River.

And no I haven't ruled out much. I've actually had to drag a deer while scooting on my end to do it.

You guys have made me feel at home. Thanks.

Last edited:
Good for you brother!!!! You will hunt Africa.... Just accept it!:sneaky:

Welcome to Ah!

Howdy Clayton!

Post some pics too. We love them all. A deer will do just fine.

Looking forward to your contributions sir.

I've spent more time here lately than anywhere else. Joining felt like the right thing to do. I've hunted nearly my whole life. For so many years an African hunt was at the top of my Bucket List. But life has a way of interfering with the "best laid plans of mice and men". Such that I now see I should have made that list in pencil.

Nonetheless, acceptance of reality has not dimmed my spirit or interest. I do so thoroughly enjoy keeping up with the goings on you folks share. Physical limitations have now restricted me to some local Whitetail Deer hunting and that's just fine by me. But I can still enjoy a good safari vicariously through keeping up with your posts.

You have a great place to learn too. Even an old man can pick up a few things from Africa and apply them to his own local experiences.

Good luck to us all.

So you only have three posts and you are already speaking with great wisdom. We are better for you joining us.

:S Welcome::S Welcome::S Welcome:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.