How do you lock the SKB crossbow case to get around TSA?

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by Lpart, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Lpart

Lpart AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA, NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB
    Hunted:
    How do you lock the SKB case to get around TSA? I have an SKB crossbow case and the only way to lock it is with their keys. No provision for a TSA lock.
  2. dustyvarmint

dustyvarmint AH Senior Member

Was wondering about that myself. Maybe leave the latches unlocked and wrap the case with a TSA locked strap or cable of some sort?

Anybody know this?

thanks, dv
  3. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Lpart, I have a suggestion for you but it requires doing something you probably do not want to do... You could drill 2 holes above and below where the existing locks are (in the plastic part) and run a cable through with a TSA approved lock...

You could also try to attach a cable in a figure 8 fashion and see if it holds without being easily removed...

I would not lock the case with the locks that are on it under any circumstances because if they bust them open all sorts of problems can arise.

[​IMG]

I would recommend to anyone traveling to bring spare TSA approved locks on their trip, as they cut off even TSA approved locks from time to time.

Attached Files:

4. kuduman

kuduman AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    north shore steelhead association
    Hunted:
    rsa
    skb case

my skb case has the t.s.a. locks on it. the airport security has the keys for these locks. after they inspect it, they lock it back up. you are not supposed to travel with locks that are not t.s.a. approved. they will cut off these locks to inspect your case.
  5. lisa70

lisa70 New Member

If not they'll take you to the Investigation room. ( in that case all the people i airport thinks you are a terrorist :eek: ) . actually if you buy skb case from trusted shop, it will be a t.s.a approved lock. :)
  6. Lpart

Lpart AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, NRA, NORTH AMERICAN HUNTING CLUB
    Hunted:
    SKB is no longer making this case. I have called them and they do not have replacement locks for that are TSA approved.