Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA
Good day AH community,

We cannot believe the 2023 season is nearly over already - it seemed to fly by in a flash! A huge thank you must be said for the tremendous support from the AH community - you guys were all an absolute pleasure to host. We hope everyone is doing well and enjoying reminiscing about all the wonderful adventures you hopefully embarked on this year. If not then hopefully you are busy planning your next one! We had a wonderful season seeing old clients again and new clients for the first time!

We are happy to offer you all a Hippo hunting package for 2024. Prices for Hippo in South Africa are a bit higher than some other areas in Africa but where one does save on costs is in the travel. This is a fantastic hunt and one we thoroughly enjoy doing with our clients. We were privileged enough to hunt 6 Hippo this season and each one was a fantastic experience. It is always a very exciting hunt to take on a member of the dangerous 7 and the reward is undoubtedly the greatest euro mount one can have in their trophy room. We actually had a member of AH join us for a Hippo hunt this year and we had a tremendous hunt together! Please see his report below and in a short while we should be releasing the video on YouTube - watch this space!

The pricing is as follows:

1x Hippo
5 days/6 nights
$11,000 All inclusive
€10,355 All inclusive

*Other animals can be added at additional cost.
*Other hunters/observers welcome at additional cost.

Package includes:
• Licensed Professional Hunter, a Tracker, Skinner and hunting vehicle.
• Accommodation on a full board basis, incl. non-alcoholic drinks and table beer/wine
• Transfer from and to Johannesburg international Airport.
• Transport between and on hunting Area A and Area B
• Laundry service (Except on Sundays).
• Field preparation of Trophies.

Package excludes:
• Flight from and to Johannesburg International Airport, and any national flights from one concession to the next.
• Hard tack (whiskey, brandy etc)
• Firearms and ammunition. (Rifle Hire available at request)
• Hotel accommodation before and after the hunt – if required.
• Taxidermy, packing, insurance, transport.
• Dipping and shipping of trophies.
• Personal expenses ex. Tips, Telephone, Souvenirs etc.
• Tourist Programmes

We hope to hear from you all!

Contact us at: hunt@baylysippelsafaris.co.za for more info
+27 719821685 - Dempsey Bayly (available on WhatsApp)
+27 833994593 - Michael Sippel (German speaking available on WhatsApp)

Keep up with us on our various social media platforms:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BaylySippelHuntingSafaris/
Instagram: bayly_sippel_safaris
YouTube: Bayly Sippel Hunting Safaris

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Bayly Sippel Safaris US person of contact Gene Hobbs - ghobbs001@gmail.com / Robert Williamson - Northslopegrips@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Australian person of contact David Berner - davidberner1983@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris France person of contact Romain Berthouly - rberthouly@hotmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris German person of contact Jorn Spitz - r93lexus@gmail.com
Bayly Sippel Safaris Canadian person of contact Brandon Isaac -isaacbr@gmail.com / Dean Macdonald - dmacd45@hotmail.com

Screenshot_20231012_111826_Gallery.jpg

IMG-20211009-WA0007-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20231012_111618_Gallery.jpg
IMG-20211009-WA0008-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20231012_111543_Gallery.jpg

This was the most exhilarating hunt I’ve ever done. Dempsey and his team are top notch and if you’re looking for a hunt that focuses on a large hippo bull you should look no further. We had a great hunt and I was able to get my bull after 3 days. We were also able to get a couple of really nice PG animals as well. Please feel free to PM me with any questions about a hippo hunt with Bayley/Sippel Safaris.

This is a good price for SA hippo as I usually see trophy fee only of about $12k. Nice photos.

@BAYLY SIPPEL SAFARIS are the hippo put and take and is there buff on the same grounds??
Probably put and take as there are very few areas where you can hunt free range Hippo in SA.
They are either in ranches on the Limpopo river right at the border where animals move between countries or in some private reserves bordering Kruger.
However there might be other areas I'm not aware of and in that case I will stand corrected.

@BAYLY SIPPEL SAFARIS are the hippo put and take and is there buff on the same grounds??
We have a central pod of hippos (cows with a dominant bull) and hunt solo bulls seperate to the pod. We do indeed have buffalo on the same grounds and some phenomenal Dugga boys at that!

Please feel free to send us a message if you wish to speak about it. We'd love to speak with you!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Reactions: USN
Check out the body size on this bull!
Screenshot_20240105_135452_Gallery.jpg

For those who are interested, here are the video's of Shaun's land based hippo hunt as promised! If you are in a bit of a rush please enjoy the short version and if you wish to listen to the in depth discussion and detailed version of the hunt feel free to watch the full length video! Both links below:

Awesome hunt and video. Congrats to the whole team.

Yes it was a fantastic hunt. One of the most exciting of my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KimProbst1

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.