Hi Everyone! I'm Sue from Idaho..and hopelessly addicted to Africa!

Sue,

Loved your book!!!!! "Cries of the Savanna". Great information for hunters, dreamers and especially anti hunting people. Thank you and welcome ! Andrew (yep, that one ;). )
Thank you Andrew! I appreciate that.

Welcome to AH! You just gave me a new idea for a Christmas present from my wife….she’s been asking me for them.
Thank you. It's good to be here. I love the name of your safari company by the way. And I'm glad you got a xmas gift idea!

Welcome to the forum. I’ll be on the lookout for your book.
Ahh, thanks! I appreciate that. I know I'm going to enjoy being here. Its hard to explain the hold that Africa has on to anybody who hasn't been there...so I am right at home here.

As far as the book goes, right now, it is only available on Amazon or from my website, www.suetidwell.com. You can also read a lot of reviews there or on Amazon. I haven't made it available in other stores yet. I have enough on my hands with Amazon. LOL. I'm a first-time author, so it has been quite a bit of a learning curve.

Giday Sue and welcome to the A H forums. That was a wonderfull intro tyhat shows how good honest information changes minds.
Ahh, thanks Von. Yes, having boots on the ground to see and feel it firsthand makes a huge difference. So that is what I TRY to do in the book. I want people to feel exactly what I am experiencing and to learn from it as well. Some of my favorite reviews are from anti-hunters who actually changed their minds after reading the book. Of course, many will never open their minds up enough to process the information....but SOME do! Here is the kicker. You really don't need facts and statistics (although they are important). When you see the reality of things, it just makes common sense!

Welcome! I enjoyed the podcast you did with Big Game Hunting (I think) as you spoke about the book and your experiences!!
Ahhh, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I LOVE doing podcasts. It gives me a chance to talk about Africa and the wonderful people of Masimba Camp...and the rest of Africa. Thanks for listening.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to our forum Sue. It seems you made a lot of new friends real fast.....

Several years ago, I “reluctantly” accompanied my husband on a big game hunting safari in remote Tanzania. The adventure literally changed my life! Listening to the haunting cries of lions and hyenas outside our tent was terrifying. Let’s just say the single cot my husband was sleeping on got WAY more crowded. Nevertheless, I came to treasure the blood-chilling sounds. I came to call it the African symphony -- a ghostly composition of chittering, chattering, cooing, cawing, shrieking, growling, and grunting. Here is another tidbit. I’m a non-hunter…and I was NOT thrilled about my husband hunting Africa’s spectacular wildlife. The experience, however, opened my eyes to truths I had never considered; I am now a passionate advocate of well-managed hunting. Ultimately, I made a promise to our female game scout that I would try to help others like me understand. That promise evolved into Cries of the Savanna. Although I never meant to be an author, that’s the focus of my life right now. As most of you know, one trip to Africa is NEVER enough. Rick and I have since gone to Namibia and Mozambique…and hope to keep returning. Anyway, I LOVE talking about Africa…so feel free to reach out with questions…or if you need help convincing a loved one to join you on safari!
I am addicted to Africa myself.

Sue it's good to have you here. I enjoyed your introduction and read it to my wife. I suspect that a copy of your book will find it's way into our hands before too long.Africa has a way of capturing your soul and bidding you to return as often as possible.... I hope that continues to be the case I was born and raised in SE Idaho.
Bruce

Welcome to AH Sue. My wife, Sue, a non hunter went with me on my first safari to Zimbabwe. She’s still a non hunter but was enamored by the wildlife. Loved watching elephants, lions, baboons and giraffes, as well as other animals.
I’ve been addicted to Africa forty years before I got there.

:S Welcome:

Welcome Sue! I just ordered your book. My African library is pretty extensive, but I just realized it has a large hole in it. Looking forward to sitting down with it.

Hi Sue! Welcome. I really enjoyed your interview on the Big Game Hunting Podcast.

If you all want a good listen regarding her experience and some about her book, check it out. Show 208.
I very much enjoyed hearing your story on the BGHP as well. Very informative!! Thanks for being a part of this site!!

Welcome Sue, so you've caught the disease; you realise it's incurable, don't you? I'll chase up you book in the new Year...

Welcome to our forum Sue. It seems you made a lot of new friends real fast.....
Thanks so much. It's good to be here. I don't know why it took me so long. After getting abused etc on normal social media (because I support hunting etc), it is wonderful to be in a place where I don't have to worry about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnitraSlad

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,