Hi Everyone! I'm Sue from Idaho..and hopelessly addicted to Africa!

Welcome to AH Sue. I just heard about your book at the AH Dinner in Dallas this weekend. I just downloaded and am looking forward to reading it.
Thanks so much. It is wonderful to be here among such supportive people. And, heck, I never get sick of talking about Africa! I am so excited that you heard about the book at the AH dinner this weekend in Dallas. It makes me feel so good that it is being talked about. Word of mouth is definitely the BEST! I was so bummed that we weren't able to make it this year. Hopefully, we can go next year. I'd like to go to the AH dinner and meet a bunch of the people I've been chatting with on here. Anyway, thanks for downloading the book. I'd love to hear what you think after you get a chance to read it. Enjoy!

My copy arrived in the mail today. Looking forward to getting through it, and my better half has indicated she wants to read it as soon as I'm finished (y)

My copy arrived in the mail today. Looking forward to getting through it, and my better half has indicated she wants to read it as soon as I'm finished (y)
Thats awesome. I'm thrilled that your wife wants to read it as well. From the book clubs that I've gone to, most women admit that it is not a book they would have chosen on their own...BUT they ended up loving it...and learning so much (which is the really important part). Hopefully, your wife enjoys it as well. Please keep me informed!

Hello Sue

Had to bring this post forward and tell you. I took your book on my annual 6 week BC (safari) hunt this past fall.

Your book is everything and more that every review states. Found myself up later at night than usual as I wanted to read more. I have been a hunter since I can remember, reading what I figured I already know from your perspective was outstanding. There are many family parallels in our lives, some stories/chapters had me somewhat choked up, others made me laugh and many would have gotten you a fist bump or hug.

I have re-gifted your book as a Christmas present, I know the perfect person who hopefully will garner as much knowledge, info, enjoyment and enlightening from the read as I did.

Thank you for writing and putting your life out there with your story and what you gained. Awakening others to our passion on such a grand scale definitely helps us all.

Thank You

Mark B

Several years ago, I “reluctantly” accompanied my husband on a big game hunting safari in remote Tanzania. The adventure literally changed my life! Listening to the haunting cries of lions and hyenas outside our tent was terrifying. Let’s just say the single cot my husband was sleeping on got WAY more crowded. Nevertheless, I came to treasure the blood-chilling sounds. I came to call it the African symphony -- a ghostly composition of chittering, chattering, cooing, cawing, shrieking, growling, and grunting. Here is another tidbit. I’m a non-hunter…and I was NOT thrilled about my husband hunting Africa’s spectacular wildlife. The experience, however, opened my eyes to truths I had never considered; I am now a passionate advocate of well-managed hunting. Ultimately, I made a promise to our female game scout that I would try to help others like me understand. That promise evolved into Cries of the Savanna. Although I never meant to be an author, that’s the focus of my life right now. As most of you know, one trip to Africa is NEVER enough. Rick and I have since gone to Namibia and Mozambique…and hope to keep returning. Anyway, I LOVE talking about Africa…so feel free to reach out with questions…or if you need help convincing a loved one to join you on safari!

Dear Sue Tidwell

Thank you for taking the time to talk to others about Africa and what it offers!

Enjoy sharing your experiences (and stories) with others - and make them realize that Africa is within their reach. The perception of Africa is many times nothing but "someone else" perspective, until one decide to change their perception into their own opinion by creating experience (to cherish for a lifetime)...

Hello Sue

Had to bring this post forward and tell you. I took your book on my annual 6 week BC (safari) hunt this past fall.

Your book is everything and more that every review states. Found myself up later at night than usual as I wanted to read more. I have been a hunter since I can remember, reading what I figured I already know from your perspective was outstanding. There are many family parallels in our lives, some stories/chapters had me somewhat choked up, others made me laugh and many would have gotten you a fist bump or hug.

I have re-gifted your book as a Christmas present, I know the perfect person who hopefully will garner as much knowledge, info, enjoyment and enlightening from the read as I did.

Thank you for writing and putting your life out there with your story and what you gained. Awakening others to our passion on such a grand scale definitely helps us all.

Thank You

Mark B
Wow, Mark THANK YOU for all these kind words. You definitely made my morning. I'm thrilled that you read my book...and I'm even more thrilled that it kept you up at night...in a good way. LOL. It is wonderful to know the book lived up to the reviews. Also, it means the world to me that you laughed, got choked up and even wanted to give me a fist bump. That is awesome that you experienced all the emotions that I did on safari. I'm glad you passed the book on to someone else. That is perfect and exactly what I want people to do. It is especially hard to get non-hunters to pick it up on their own...but many will read it if given to them by a friend or family member. And truly, most reasonable people - once they are exposed to the truth (and coming from a non-hunter with no skin in the game) -- GET IT! Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to me. I appreciate it so much.

Sue

PS. I don't spend as much time on AH as I did in the beginning because you guys are already know what I learned. I, therefore, spend most of my time making interesting... but educational... posts for social media...on 4 platforms...almost everyday! Holy Moly, it keeps me busy!

Sue,

I am wanting to purchase a copy of your book for a friend of mine that will be accompanying me to Zimbabwe in September. I will be hunting and him and his wife will coming along as observers. This will be my 6th trip to Africa but their first. I’d like to get them a copy of your book as a gift before we go. What is the best way to purchase the book where you receive the most benefit? Thanks

Dear Sue Tidwell

Thank you for taking the time to talk to others about Africa and what it offers!

Enjoy sharing your experiences (and stories) with others - and make them realize that Africa is within their reach. The perception of Africa is many times nothing but "someone else" perspective, until one decide to change their perception into their own opinion by creating experience (to cherish for a lifetime)...

Thank You for your kind words. I am definitely working hard to help educate people...and have them fall in love with Africa and its people like I did. I always tell people, "one may go to Africa for the wildlife but it is the people that you really fall in love with." That is why I fight so hard. Everyday I make elaborate education posts for for platforms on social media ...but it is hard because the algorithms fight against our type of content. Still, I try!

Also, I want you to know that I always make it clear to people that going to Africa does NOT have to cost an arm and a leg. You can hunt multiple species for the price of a guided elk or mule deer hunt...and get the amazing experience of hunting in Africa for crying out loud. In fact, that just gave me an idea for a future post. LOL.

Anyway, thanks so much for your support and kind words. It means a lot. Will you be at DSC or SCI? We will be at both.

Sue

Sue,

I am wanting to purchase a copy of your book for a friend of mine that will be accompanying me to Zimbabwe in September. I will be hunting and him and his wife will coming along as observers. This will be my 6th trip to Africa but their first. I’d like to get them a copy of your book as a gift before we go. What is the best way to purchase the book where you receive the most benefit? Thanks
Hello Fatback (these AH names crack me up!)

I'm thrilled you want to buy a copy for your friend and I'm thrilled that they are joining you in Zimbabwe. How special that will be to see the magic of Africa for the first time through their eyes! My husband and I hope to make it to Zimbabwe someday, maybe even this fall...but things are still up in the air.

As far as getting my book, I definitely receive the most benefit if you buy it from my website but it is a little more expensive because I have to charge postage (but at least the copy will be signed.) It is also available on Amazon and at most distributors. Starting next year, It should be available in Africa from Rockhopper books and hopefully in stores. Also, I now have an audiobook version for people who would rather listen. I did the narrating myself with some guest narration by Lilian, our Tanzanian game scout and another woman from Namibia. Plus I included the actual sounds of lions, hyenas, hippos, elephants, etc in the book. It turned out pretty cool (at least I think so. LOL)

Anyway, thanks again for reaching out....and have a wonderful trip to Zimbabwe. I can't wait to hear about it.

Sue. (my website is just my name.com)

Now I will need to order the audio book. I have a person in mind who's eyes are not what they used to be, a non hunter but I know they will enjoy and your explanation in book is lots better than when I try to explain why I go on safari.

Thanks

Mark

Now I will need to order the audio book. I have a person in mind who's eyes are not what they used to be, a non hunter but I know they will enjoy and your explanation in book is lots better than when I try to explain why I go on safari.

Thanks

Mark
HI Mark, you can actually order my audiobook from my website too. It is only $10 (it is typically twice that on the other sites...unless you have a subscription.). Basically, from my website, I email you a link to the Bookfunnel App and the audiobook is delivered there. It is an easy to use app and can be listened to on any device. Ordering it from other distributors, the book just goes to their sight.

Thanks again! Sue

Sue,

Appreciate the reply. I’ll go to your website and order the book there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilbertMig

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!