Reaction score
Website
www.skylineadventures.ca
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI Life Member, MLOA, DU, MWF, MTA
It's early morning, the wind is blowing and snow is still falling.

Last night was day four of the first spring bear hunt. The boys were all seeing bears but the weather has been less than spring like. Yesterday evening held the promise of showers and flurries, but then a sudden notice was received that we had been upgraded to a storm warning with 5-6 inches of snow expected.

And of course, having received this weather forecast, I just knew we would have a bear wounded..............which is exactly what happened. The hunter had the bear broadside at 35 yards, took the shot and the bear ran into the thick stuff. It was just before dark and as I arrived the snow started coming down and you could not see 5 feet. There was absolutely no blood visible, which is not unusual with bears, but from the description he had of the bears reaction to the shot I am not hopeful.

It most certainly was not in the boiler room and no shoulders were broken.........................here we go again.:(

Well the bruin is finally in the salt. Gut shot and many hours of tracking and a little help from 'the creator' and we managed to close in and finish the job.

Not a bad bear for spring.....chocolate brown and around 450 pounds. I am happy we found the bear as the 72 year old hunter is unlikely to repeat this hunt.

We ended up with four bears for four hunters so we can't complain about that. Two more weeks of guiding bear hunts at home and then it is off to the Northwest Territories for a couple more weeks of bear hunting, as well as bison.:)

I'm glad to hear that you were successful in tracking down that wounded Bear... after reading your first post about that Bear it didn't sound hopeful. I had this wounded Bear in the back of my mind as if I were part of that hunting party all day so I'm glad that it had a good outcome, I hate that feeling.

It sounds like your hunting season is off to a great start. Once the craziness is over, we would really enjoy looking at some of your pictures. good luck!

Jerome...........yes I was happy we managed to find the bruin as well.

When the 'craziness' is over I will post some pictures.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalinaKers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you