Hello, new member

Hello,

My brother, nephew and I are in the early stages of looking to book a Cape Buffalo hunt for the three of us for 2026. My brother and I hunted South Africa and Mozambique in 1997 and my nephew has not hunted in Africa. I know much has changed since 1997!

I will say the information here is excellent and somewhat overwhelming! We are flexible regarding whether it’s in SA with the concessions enclosed with fencing or elsewhere, perhaps the Caprivi Strip in Namibia. The prices in SA for buffalo seem reasonable. My brother and I would be fine with management bulls, just a classical hard-bossed representative bull.

We’re open to any suggestions and any feedback from the very experienced members here. Thanks for having me.

Brendon J.
Welcome to AH. I'm sure there will be lots of input here for you. Happy hunting!. Sue

Welcome to AH and good luck finding your hunt.

Greetings BJH65,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you can spare a minute, I invite you to have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community. Whenever you are ready we would be happy to help you with your planning.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and for those who offered their services. There is a wealth of information on AH that’s proven to be invaluable already!

My brother, nephew and I have chosen DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS - SOUTH AFRICA - LIMPOPO for our 10 day, $10,500, Cape Buffalo hunt in 2026. Deposit sent today! Brother and nephew will both add spotted hyena and my brother will add crocodile for our 2026 hunt! I’m sure we will fit in a Safari tour of adjacent Kruger National Park as well. Derian had many excellent references who shared their positive recent experiences with us and he thoroughly answered all of my questions both by phone and video conference. I’m quite impressed with him and believe we’ll have a wonderful hunt!

I really love this site! The information here will be invaluable for our hunt planning. None of this existed of course on our first and only African hunt in 1997. 2026 is a long ways off but it’ll be here before we know it! I look forward to interacting with the knowledgeable members here!

Regards,

Brendon J

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and for those who offered their services. There is a wealth of information on AH that’s proven to be invaluable already!

My brother, nephew and I have chosen DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS - SOUTH AFRICA - LIMPOPO for our 10 day, $10,500, Cape Buffalo hunt in 2026. Deposit sent today! Brother and nephew will both add spotted hyena and my brother will add crocodile for our 2026 hunt! I’m sure we will fit in a Safari tour of adjacent Kruger National Park as well. Derian had many excellent references who shared their positive recent experiences with us and he thoroughly answered all of my questions both by phone and video conference. I’m quite impressed with him and believe we’ll have a wonderful hunt!

I really love this site! The information here will be invaluable for our hunt planning. None of this existed of course on our first and only African hunt in 1997. 2026 is a long ways off but it’ll be here before we know it! I look forward to interacting with the knowledgeable members here!

Regards,

Brendon J
Thank you sir, we are looking forward to your hunt and visit to South Africa and join the DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS family.

Hello,

My brother, nephew and I are in the early stages of looking to book a Cape Buffalo hunt for the three of us for 2026. My brother and I hunted South Africa and Mozambique in 1997 and my nephew has not hunted in Africa. I know much has changed since 1997!

I will say the information here is excellent and somewhat overwhelming! We are flexible regarding whether it’s in SA with the concessions enclosed with fencing or elsewhere, perhaps the Caprivi Strip in Namibia. The prices in SA for buffalo seem reasonable. My brother and I would be fine with management bulls, just a classical hard-bossed representative bull.

We’re open to any suggestions and any feedback from the very experienced members here. Thanks for having me.

Brendon J.
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianneMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.