Hello all!

PastorTaz

Reaction score
I am a new member here in Kentucky, USA. I found this group while doing a search on ammo for the Breda 1927 1903/14 Mannlicher Schoenaur.

I acquired one a few years ago and while it is extremely worn, it fires like a dream.

I understand that the 6.5x54MS is a difficult to locate catridge and unfortunately, i do not have the space or resources, nor do i have the knowledge or experience for reloading.
I actually would not mind seeing this rifle go to someone who knows more about them and has an interest in them.

I believe it is a pre-WWII model, but i dont know enough about this particular rifle to be sure. I do know it has the cylindrical internal magazine.

Attachments

• 20230110_104511.jpg
    20230110_104511.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 12036924_10153565630746335_3783011511016646456_n.jpg
    12036924_10153565630746335_3783011511016646456_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Welcome! Certainly glad to have you here with us!

:S Welcome:

I am a new member here in Kentucky, USA. I found this group while doing a search on ammo for the Breda 1927 1903/14 Mannlicher Schoenaur.

I acquired one a few years ago and while it is extremely worn, it fires like a dream.

I understand that the 6.5x54MS is a difficult to locate catridge and unfortunately, i do not have the space or resources, nor do i have the knowledge or experience for reloading.
I actually would not mind seeing this rifle go to someone who knows more about them and has an interest in them.

I believe it is a pre-WWII model, but i dont know enough about this particular rifle to be sure. I do know it has the cylindrical internal magazine.
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Good day! Welcome!!

Welcome to AH PastorTaz!

Welcome aboard!

Greetings.jpg

A good amount of Mannlicher Schoenauer information may be found here: Mannlicher Schoenauer , mostly focused on sporting models which share the same 'action' as their military counterparts.

The military ('Greek Contract') MS have become increasingly valuable and desirable in recent years, particularly if original and unaltered. 'Off the shelf' cartridges are produced by Prvi Partisan (PPU), Midway USA has them at $30 a box.

Y1903 / 14 / 27 'Breda' was the third 'Greek Contract' Mannlicher Schoenauer, preceded by Y1903, Y1903 / 14 and succeeded by the 'System 1930', all of which were chambered for the same proprietary 6.5X54 MS cartridge as the M1903 sporting arms. Due to political conditions of the day and restrictions on military firearm exports from Austria during the interwar period the 1927 contract was shipped through, assembled at, or perhaps manufactured at (sources vary as to which) Breda Fucili, an Italian firearms manufacturer.

MS M1900 Diagram.jpg

Original M1900 prototype / pre contract MS

Your cartridge release button (cartridge stop - #29 in image below) appears to be missing.

MS ST39 52.jpg

MS ST39 51 Mannlicher Schoenauer details parts plus.jpg

The stock has also been altered significantly.

Logical options would be to restore to original specifications (stock may be difficult to obtain), further 'sporterize' it to your own preferences, or enjoy shooting 'as is' (are there any sights on it?).

Regardless, get a box of proper fitting cartridges, take her out and shoot her, You may find yourself to be a lifelong MS fan thereafter.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH. Nice to have you as part of our community.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelaHo

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob