Greetings from Rome, Italy

Welcome Phil. You live in an amazing country. Please share some of your local hunting stories with us when you have time.
Thank you for your welcone WAB! Come to visit Italy soon!
I have to say that most part of my hunting experiences comes for US and Canada, it's a bit strange for an European maybe, but I've always been fashinated by the Far North West of the World, and my very first years as a hunter were located in the upper corner of Montana and Idaho. It was quite a challenge to bring all my gear (and myself) and reach all alone a Continent in wich I didn't know even a single person but the guide by mail. I'll be happy to share both "exotic" and national stories with you all!

Hi again Phil,

Thank you for your kind words and for the invitation to visit you in Italy.
Your country home sounds wonderful.
Some year my wife and I might do that.
If so, we will give you plenty of warning in advance.

Yes, when you have time, please do look at our web site and our videos.
I don’t live in Namibia unfortunately but, I do work for Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris, (advertising).
This Khomas Safari Company and the huge, not-game-fenced land where it is located is owned by Philip Hennings and he is the best.
Even though I work for him, he also is my friend.

My wife and I recently returned from a fun hunting and fishing adventure in Namibia, during September / October of 2021.
I have posted a thread about it in this great forum.
Also, one of our sons and an old friend of mine, had hunted there in August / September of 2017.
And back then, we posted our experiences about that fun safari as well.

Ciao,
Paul.
Just visited the website! Very good, it seems truly a great location to hunt Kudu and Oryx that are on top on my list. Also it look like really a well made lodge and hospitality. We'll sure keep in touch to visit Namibia / Italy. All sounds good Paul!

Thank you for your welcone WAB! Come to visit Italy soon!
I have to say that most part of my hunting experiences comes for US and Canada, it's a bit strange for an European maybe, but I've always been fashinated by the Far North West of the World, and my very first years as a hunter were located in the upper corner of Montana and Idaho. It was quite a challenge to bring all my gear (and myself) and reach all alone a Continent in wich I didn't know even a single person but the guide by mail. I'll be happy to share both "exotic" and national stories with you all!

We actually visit Umbria and Tuscany quite often. You live in a special place!

Hello everyone, I'm a passionate rifle and bow hunter, reloader, and gunsmith. Very happy to join the party!
Welcome sir. You will find no better place to exchange thoughts, stories and hopes than this site. A wealth of information from some of the best people you'll have the pleasure of talking with. Good to have you along for the journey.

Welcome sir. You will find no better place to exchange thoughts, stories and hopes than this site. A wealth of information from some of the best people you'll have the pleasure of talking with. Good to have you along for the journey.
Thank you so much for your warm welcome, I really appreciate the feeling of friendship on this site...it's a sort of campfire, it seems to me. I's a great pleasure to join the group. We'll share our needs and dreams. It will be a pleasant walk!

Welcome and look forward to your participation!

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the site!

'Morning Mopani, so glad to know you did well in Rome! My shop is right in the middle of the most storic and "turistic" area, so probably you have been very close in your last visit! For sure I'd like to see you next time, I would be great, so keep in touch and let me know when - we could drink a beer!
benvenuto su AH, the best Forum.
Greetings to the "eternal city"
Foxi

We've been there several times.
The Cafe Brazil below the Vittorio Emanuele monument is our constant stop for a break.
Outstanding city.

We've been there several times.
The Cafe Brazil below the Vittorio Emanuele monument is our constant stop for a break.
Outstanding city.
Ahhh fantastic! You know Rome very well! My shop - and my home - are in the same area. Hope next time you'll visit me.
The shop in via Fabio Massimo.

Know what? Yust today a small group of person from a 'lefty' political party (obviously) will deposit a law proposal in Parliament to ban the hunting trophy importation. I hunt quite much in Canada (already booked my next one in Yukon) and plan to hunt soon in Africa. I'm sooo tired by those false "greens" around the World and especially the ones from my own Country!
Hope with all my soul that this proposal will not pass in the Parliament...it would be a damned stupid law.

Hi Phil, I'm glad to see that you've already "made yourself at home" on AH. You will soon find yourself with virtual buddies all over the world. For a fact you will not find a better place to converse with like- minded people. Our "campfire" runs 24 / 7. Grab a cold one and join the fun.

Hi Phil, I'm glad to see that you've already "made yourself at home" on AH. You will soon find yourself with virtual buddies all over the world. For a fact you will not find a better place to converse with like- minded people. Our "campfire" runs 24 / 7. Grab a cold one and join the fun.
Thank you Shooting, that's it! I really appreciate the feeling of this site for the great sense of brotherhood. Once, a Canadian friend of mine, gave me a book as a present, writing "your Brother in hunting"... This says a lot about our community! So I already open the site thinking "let's see what the buddies are doing"...
And this is great indeed.
One of the next few days I'd like to open a thread about my new Big Bore
After all, buddies have to be adviced...

Ps : corrector made "Shootist" in Shooting

Welcome to AH, enjoy the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BessieSelw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?