Got my ivory import permit!

OUTSTANDING!, I'm still waiting for some news on mine from last year.

@Green Chile I was impressed by your ammo and what a few others here have said....just been in contact with North Fork. They have came staright back with info on there new UK supplier so I can get some now (y) will be for Buff in 375H&H.

Beautiful elephant! How heavy was the ivory?

That's awesome. Hope I get mine that quick. I too am curious about ivory weight, as I just like to work on my judging skills (or lack thereof).

Heck of a hunt. Man I'd love to go back. . .

Hey that wasn't too bad...applied in Nov/Dec and got my approval today. Much thanks to Conservation Force for their work in expediting it. Also, there were a number of questions from USFWS that had to be answered with research around their conservation concerns. USFWS didn't rubber stamp it for sure.

I also have notice that my shipment is ready to export so we will proceed and get it to Coppersmith for importing along with other trophies from that hunt.
This is great news!

The scales at Zim Parks said upper 40’s but the outfitter said they are dodgy scales. Everyone who handled them said about 50 lbs.

Congratulations! Need to get that hunt on the books sooner than later. Talked to John Jackson at SCI and desperately would like to take advantage of his knowledge and skillset on getting ivory imported before he decides to hang it up!

The scales at Zim Parks said upper 40’s but the outfitter said they are dodgy scales. Everyone who handled them said about 50 lbs.

Really happy for you. I submitted in June/23 and still waiting.

HH

Was yours in Zim and who did you use for paperwork?

I heard Bots was backlogged?

Congratulations! Need to get that hunt on the books sooner than later. Talked to John Jackson at SCI and desperately would like to take advantage of his knowledge and skillset on getting ivory imported before he decides to hang it up!
The rules just changed so be careful where you book a hunt.

I would also factor in the backlog of ivory permits when planning an exportable hunt. It's a consideration for me at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamingafricia1

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.