Full body mounts

Like others, I have full mounts on the smaller animals and my leopard/bushbuck. My lion/bush pig is full. I really wanted to do a full body on my lord derby eland but just couldn’t stand the $14k to have it done. It’s not so much if I have the space today it’s what I might need space for in the future. Full body mounts are impressive!

My 2 Bighorns, a grizzly and mtn. goat are full body. I really like them if you have room. Just got my brown bear hide and skull back and haven't decided what to do with it yet.

I think John Ed has a couple. :).

I just have a life-size bushbuck. I wish I had done life-size sable.

@wyosteve, If you have the space a life sized brown bear is awesome. They take up a bunch of space but when people come to my house that is always the mount that draws the most comments.

I have a few full body mounts with a bushpig to come. He’s a good ‘un but after that, no more…

I have a few full body mounts with a bushpig to come. He’s a good ‘un but after that, no more…

IMG_1916.png
IMG_1917.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How many have full body mounts of your African animals? I'm considering a full mount of a Kudu or Gemsbuck for my upcoming safari. I just find that you miss out on the side stripes of the Kudu and some of the coloring of the Gemsbuck with only doing pedistal/shoulder mounts.

Please share pictures of what you have.
While none yet hopefully my leopard in 2025 to complete my big 5 without a doubt will be a full body mount and my greatest treasures!!!

i have small full bodies caracal, porcupine, aardwolf, gennet cat, two monkeys, baboon, jackal, two crows, springhare, and they still take up a fair amount of space, If you have a large trophy room and the finances for the taxidermy and shipping, go for it.

Check out this site to get an idea on sizes. The Jackal/springhare are mine.

Would it possible to share the Genet pictures please? I am looking for an ideas for fill mount.
Kind regards

Not a full body, but a possibility to show off a kudu. A half at an angle. My nylala shows of the stripes and such but works better for my house. There is an amazing full body kudu in the Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla, Alaska, but I'm not heading that way soon to take a pic. Anyway, it's great, but it takes up a lot of real estate between that body size and horns.

Last edited:
Full body duiker looks like it’s walking through grass, pretty cool. Wall pedestal kudu takes up lots of room couldn’t image a full body

The more I look at these mounts the more I realize how large a Kudu actually is. I was thinking they were more the size of a whitetail deer than elk. Comments welcome.

Definitely closer to elk. Like young bull elk. Wikipedia has their weight in pounds in the mid 500s to nearly 700 pounds max and a big bull elk in the mid 700s tops. Bushbuck are more in the smaller whitetail deer range, nyala in line with larger whitetail.

I found the comparison chart on this site, I don't think I have room for a full body Kudu....that's a big animal!
Definitely closer to elk. Like young bull elk. Wikipedia has their weight in pounds in the mid 500s to nearly 700 pounds max and a big bull elk in the mid 700s tops. Bushbuck are more in the smaller whitetail deer range, nyala in line with larger whitetail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GordonBees

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.