Anyone with experience with Meopta Optics warranty? I have an issue

Letzhunt

AH veteran
Reaction score
So I really loved this scope, Me opt a Meditation R2 1.7-10X42 with the illuminated BR3 reticle. Well it use to have illumination! I have it mounted on my375 Ruger. I shot it to sight it in and practiced a significant amount with it in prep for a Safari. Of course it fails when I am actually on safari in South Africa! It was on and after a shot at a blesbuck, successful shot by the way, the illumination was out. New battery just to be sure did nothing.
I don't recall the warranty on these but needless to say I'm not happy...especially the the timing. Anyone have any knowledge on how well Me opt a takes care of issues?

Lifetime warranty. Just contact Meopta.
Send them in all the time. You sometimes pay shipping but most of the time they email you a pre paid shipping label.

Well that's good to know. I'm concerned you say you have sent them back a lot though?

I know there were issues with the warranties prematurely expiring for optics manufactured by Meopta but sold by Cabela's. It seems, in those cases, that they were redefining Lifetime as to mean however many years they chose! SMH. 'Had a ($1,500) pair of 15x rubber-coated M binos hit the ground at the end of last year (they're currently out of service, only operating as a monocular.) 'Can't wait to see what I'm in for here!

Go to their website under warranty service, fill out the RMA form and they'll respond.

a Czech-American product as far as I know.
Popular with German hunters.
Good middle class, you can't go wrong with it.

What I mean is since we sell and handle Meopta thru R&M. I send in maybe 6-8 a year. Most of them are customer faults. Dropped, overtighten and crunch tube. Things like that.
Have had a couple lens shook loose but that was from being bounced around in high racks.

The lighted reticule, does seem to always be one we send in quite a few of that just goes out.

Least problem lighted reticule scope we sell will be Swarovski and Leupold. They both seem to hold up better

I have had a bad experience trying to warranty a 3-12x56 and ended up being charged a significant amount fyi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumbem123

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.