Free Booze and Food! January 11th 2024

Last to leave person when it comes to a Bos en Dal party
We'll set aside some space in one of the spare rooms for you in case you get a little too deep into the Richelieu :D

If anybody wants to share a Uber I'm game. I'm staying at the Aloft.
We could coordinate a ride. Only thing is. I am a first to arrive. Last to leave person when it comes to a Bos en Dal party
I'm staying a few blocks north of you but would be happy to rideshare if it works out for you. Let me now your thoughts.

Another door prize to announce.. if this one doesnt inspire you to swing by for a few minutes even if its just to pick up a free raffle ticket, nothing will... :)

@Bos en Dal SAFARIS has donated a Cape Buffalo Cow Hunt. 5x days of accomidation (meals, drinks, laundry service, pick up-drop off at airport, etc) plus a buff cow.. that we will give away to one lucky party attendee..

1701269332782.png

1701269372182.png

1701269410855.png

1701269442837.png

Another door prize to announce.. if this one doesnt inspire you to swing by for a few minutes even if its just to pick up a free raffle ticket, nothing will... :)

@Bos en Dal SAFARIS has donated a Cape Buffalo Cow Hunt. 5x days of accomidation (meals, drinks, laundry service, pick up-drop off at airport, etc) plus a buff cow.. that we will give away to one lucky party attendee..

View attachment 571881

View attachment 571882

View attachment 571883

View attachment 571884
Wow!! Now you’re talking. Thats awesome!

Hi Dave,

Mr and Mrs Katy Darren would love to attend if still room. Mark B and Houston Bill can confirm I won’t steal the silverware.

Thanks for doing this!
Darren

Hi Dave,

Mr and Mrs Katy Darren would love to attend if still room. Mark B and Houston Bill can confirm I won’t steal the silverware.

Thanks for doing this!
Darren

Awesome! Sending a PM with the address now :)

Dave,

Wife and I would like to join the festivities once again. Can I bring the knife you made and gave away as a door prize? It's a little dull after meeting a Cape Buffalo earlier this year!

I have your address from last year,

Edge

Will be great to see you guys again @Edge !

Bring the knife with you.. We can give the edge a good touch up on the desktop sharpener while youre here.. or if you'll be in town for a couple of days, I'll take it out to the shop on Friday morning, polish the blade and the handle up for you like new, and put a new razors edge on it with the sharpening wheel on the bench grinder and then deliver it to you at the AH Dinner on Friday night..

Will be great to see you guys again @Edge !

Bring the knife with you.. We can give the edge a good touch up on the desktop sharpener while youre here.. or if you'll be in town for a couple of days, I'll take it out to the shop on Friday morning, polish the blade and the handle up for you like new, and put a new razors edge on it with the sharpening wheel on the bench grinder and then deliver it to you at the AH Dinner on Friday night..
I was just joking about sharpening the knife but will take you up on the offer as I haven't touched it back up and you can see how it fared, I'll bring it along Thursday night and let you have a go at it on Friday :D Cheers:

Photo MDwest Knife working.jpg

Maybe I'll take it along to Cameroon in February!

It seriously brings me great joy seeing the knives I’ve made actually doing the work they were designed to do. Thanks for sharing that!

I finally got around to getting another metal cutting band saw (I killed the last one about 6 months ago)…

I’ve got some good steel in the shop, and still have some of the same buffalo horn that I used on the bolster of your knife out there…

I need to get busy and make a knife for a door prize for this years party!

Now I really wish I was able to make it to Dallas. I hope you guys all have a fab time and drink the correct amount

Now I really wish I was able to make it to Dallas. I hope you guys all have a fab time and drink the correct amount

Hate you wont be making it to town this year @norfolk shooter ..

We'll certainly hoist one (or two.. or perhaps many :) ) in your honor...

Thank you! I hope to make it again.

Wow...I missed this announcement somehow. I'm in Ft Worth and would love to visit if there is still room to join?

Thank you! I hope to make it again.

Would love to see you here again! Will shoot you a PM with the address :)

Wow...I missed this announcement somehow. I'm in Ft Worth and would love to visit if there is still room to join?

Please plan on joining us! I'll shoot you a PM with the address.. :)

Its that time again!

Open invitation for AH members... Thursday, January 11th (Opening night of DSC) 2024 from 7PM until whenever we are done.. the mdwest family will be hosting a @Bos en Dal SAFARIS house party at our home in Allen, TX (DFW suburb).

We'll have plenty of South African wines on hand, beer, and some choice spirits available.. enough food to feed a small army... a few door prizes to give away (more on that later..)..

Whether you're local the DFW area, or coming into town for the annual convention, we'd love to see you.. We're admittedly a bit of a haul from downtown (about a 30 minute uber/cab ride from Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center to our front door outside of rush hour time periods).. but we'll make it worth your while..

The 2023 party was a great success (I think so at least) with about 40 AH members participating, so I anticipate a nice turnout this year as well and great opportunity for members to get to know each other a bit, pick up some swag, have a few drinks, eat some good chow, tell a few hunting tales (i.e. lies :D ), and have a good time...

I'll provide the address via PM to anyone interested (don't want to put that out in public)...

Hope to see a bunch of you guys here in January to kick off DSC on the opening day of the convention...

Thread related to last years event: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/free-booze-and-food-january-5th-2023.72294/
We may take you up on this. We got our last trophies just as the country shut down for covid and the SA bug has hit us again. Sure we can find something to take. Still haven't got our bushbuck or black wildebeast with a bow yet.
We have been talking about possibly booking a trip next year and considering going to either Dallas or Nashville to the convention. Both places are about the same distance from us in southern MO.

Wow really awesome what you guys are doing... prints look great. Have a great dinner and get together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrodieLazz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.