Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
I have a beautiful AHR custom in 458 Lott, 23"barrel, 13 7/8" LOP, 8.8# with Leica Red Dot and Wayne's QD mount, this one is trimmer and very lively, fast on target with the Leica Red Dot sight which can be added along for an additional $600. Like all of Wayne's #3's this gun is really a pleasure to shoot and is very accurate, feed and function is like greased lightning, has a very few light marks and is in near perfect condition. Not bad at all to shoot off the sticks, it will lay them in there pretty good with the 2 MOA dot. Same as the Rigby I just sold, having went through quite a few safari gun's and with very few ready to go out of the box, this one is ready to go!! $6550 shipped for the gun only, additional $600 for the Leica and Base, please feel free to ask any ?'s or pm me for a contact number to discuss

If you want to dance with the Zambezi ladies this is your baby.

IMG_5545.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a beautiful AHR custom in 458 Lott, 23"barrel, 13 7/8" LOP, 8.8# with Leica Red Dot and Wayne's QD mount, this one is trimmer and very lively, fast on target with the Leica Red Dot sight which can be added along for an additional $600. Like all of Wayne's #3's this gun is really a pleasure to shoot and is very accurate, feed and function is like greased lightning, has a very few light marks and is in near perfect condition. Not bad at all to shoot off the sticks, it will lay them in there pretty good with the 2 MOA dot. Same as the Rigby I just sold, having went through quite a few safari gun's and with very few ready to go out of the box, this one is ready to go!! $6550 shipped for the gun only, additional $600 for the Leica and Base, please feel free to ask any ?'s or pm me for a contact number to discuss

Nice closing statement lol

View attachment 530766

I see what you meant.... :E Big Grin: :D Beers:

Dancing with the Zambezi ladies is some of the best of Africa. Nice rifle. There is a lot to be said about picking up a rifle that is sorted out for DG and ready to go.

Very nice rifle, I love mine. I can’t say enough about the handling and the feel of these. Very well priced.

As a side note I was able to handle a few of the new Griffin & Howe rifles this weekend. Very nice rifles, but I think not up to the the standard of these AHR rifles at double the price.

I have a few loaded rounds I will ship to the buyer for preliminary testing

Several have asked about recoil of this gun, its no pussycat, but it really isn't painful or uncontrollable. I have only shot it off the sticks and shooting 3-4 rounds and then switching to something else, not bad at all. Now if you think it is going to make a difference and your one of those guys who wants to fine tune the load off the bench I am sure its a bit punchy. Its a 5000 ft/lbs plus of muzzle energy stopper of the largest beasts on earth operated by a human, it kicks some, but not intolerable. AHR knows how to build a stock, this helps also I believe. I have had 5 AHR custom's and still have 2, this is my favorite. I will regret selling it just like the one I took to Mozambique in 2018 but life goes on. Someone needs to buy this thing and take it to Africa and kill something large, like it was perfectly designed to do.

Hold's 5 down in the magazine and you can push the 6th shell down a bit and close the bolt for some serious capacity. If you happen to get in a gun battle you will win. LOL

Dangit!! I'm drooling all over my keyboard; what a rifle, and the stock?? perfect!!

This one is waiting for someone's next Buffalo or Elephant hunt

I had occasion to handle this very rifle recently. Thanks @neckdeep! The rifle is a beauty for sure! Remember too, everyone, these will become rarer and rarer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henryedulk

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.