FAMARS African Express Double Rifle

Discussion in 'Double Rifles' started by Rigby350, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Rigby350

Rigby350 New Member

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum hence my first post.

I would like to draw on the collective experience of the forum members, to see if anyone has had any experience with the FAMARS African Express Double Rifle, particularly in how they shoot.

Thanks in Adavnce:D
  2. monish

monish AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    AfricaHunting.com
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
    Hi Rigby 350,

Welcome to the forum of AH.com & the hunter's community.. I believe you are a 350 Rigby fan ??? We have some great double rifle enthusiasts amongst us , someone would certainly reply to your query . Looking forward to the inputs from your end..

Monish

Monish
  3. 505ED

505ED AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI,DSC,NRA,DRSS
    Hunted:
    North America, South America, South Africa
    Rigby350,

I think I replied to you on another forum-- the FAMARS guns are topshelf. THey are priced well below the english guns with the same quality level (heck they are behind alot of the modern english guns). I will tell you if you order a gun be ready to wait and wait and do some more waiting with little to no communication. As long as your OK with waiting 2-3 yrs and hearing from them 1-2 times a year with no pic's or progression reports you will be fine.

THe 470 my friend has is one of the finiest doubles out there/ I have both 500 and 450/400 on order and delivery this Jan. they were ordered Feb 2008--paid in full-- I have not been completely pleased with the communication.

Ed
  4. Rigby350

Rigby350 New Member

Thank You

Hi ED,

Yes you did reply to me on another forum, but thank you very much for the confirmation of the FAMARS double rifles. I am certainly sold on them and will certainly be purchasing one in the not to distant future.

Thanks Again, you have been a great help.:)
  5. classicsafari

classicsafari AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Aus, New Zealand,New Calidonia, Mongolia, Zim and Moz
    Here's a nice example of a FAMARS EXPRESS.
    www.famars.com

Oh, and congrats on the new rifle mate.
  6. Rigby350

Rigby350 New Member

Thanks, cannot wait to get my hands on it, all in good time I guess.

See you soon
  7. RichP

RichP AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI life member, FNAWS life member, GSCO life member, NRA life member, Mule Deer Foundation life Member, CA FNAWS life member, SCI SF Greater Bay Area life member, MZURI Safari Club-San Francisco
    Hunted:
    Canada, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania 2x, Zimbabwe 2x, New Zealand, Spain, Turkey, Argentina, Mexico, and trips planned Zimbabwe June 11, Zambia October 11, Cameroon 2012, Tajikistan 2012, Zimbabwe 2013
    Famars makes beautiful shotguns and rifles. I was tempted to order a double, but I purchased a shotgun at SCI from Famars in 2009. It was promised to me in April, but didn't show up until January the following year. Communication is not their strong point. Keep everything in writing in case there is a discrepancy. Hopefully they will respond. I am sure once you get it, it will be a top notch rifle.