Elephant Pictures - The Magnificent SEVEN - Big Tusker Elephants

View attachment 16467
Sorry, I am new to this. I thought I was attaching my comments above to the picture and article on the first page showing the largest elephant tusks in front of the Zanzabar doors. Hopefully my picture comes through on this post.

Murchison Falls Lodge late 1960's 158 & 146 lbs

Usangu Flats late 1960's. This is what you see when your elephant license expires and you haven't bought your new one yet.View attachment 16468

View attachment 16467
Sorry, I am new to this. I thought I was attaching my comments above to the picture and article on the first page showing the largest elephant tusks in front of the Zanzabar doors. Hopefully my picture comes through on this post.

Hi Wheels its no big deal if you want to attach your comment to a post already made just click the bottom of that post where it say's Reply with Quote. Bob

Like This! Thanks for the help Bob
Hi Wheels its no big deal if you want to attach your comment to a post already made just click the bottom of that post where it say's Reply with Quote. Bob

Nairobi taxidermist 1960's
watermark.php

Tusks in British Museum of Natural History
watermark.php

Usangu Flats late 60's What you see when you don't have a license
watermark.php

Tusks in Murchison Falls lodge 158 &146 lbs
watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
These are great Tuskers, but we do still have some good ones out there. The below picture was taken by a friend of mine (Dr. Wayne Matthews) who was the Ecologist in Tembe Elephant Park in Kwazulu-Natal for many years (I also had the privilage of working there for 5 years).

The elephant bull in the foreground unfortunately died last year (Induna) and his largest tusk weighed in at 125 pounds. The big bull in the background is even larger (Isilo) and is still alive, and I believe is the largest Tusker in Southern Africa at this time. They don't hunt on Tembe Elephant Park, as it is a government park, but it is good to know that there are still bulls out there with those "BIG Genes".

Wayne Mattews2.jpg

Malcolm Thomson

Thanks for the picture, Malcolm.

Incredible tusks Wheels and what a great shot Malcom! Thanks for sharing...

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Just don't see the monsters like there used to be. This shows they are still out there.

These are great Tuskers, but we do still have some good ones out there. The below picture was taken by a friend of mine (Dr. Wayne Matthews) who was the Ecologist in Tembe Elephant Park in Kwazulu-Natal for many years (I also had the privilage of working there for 5 years).

The elephant bull in the foreground unfortunately died last year (Induna) and his largest tusk weighed in at 125 pounds. The big bull in the background is even larger (Isilo) and is still alive, and I believe is the largest Tusker in Southern Africa at this time. They don't hunt on Tembe Elephant Park, as it is a government park, but it is good to know that there are still bulls out there with those "BIG Genes".

View attachment 16491

Malcolm Thomson

Malcolm, Million in one pic. What are the chances of seeing two bulls like that together in this day and age. I understand there are a couple of bulls like that in Ngorongoro.....but where else could you even see two together, Kruger?

Malcolm, Million in one pic. What are the chances of seeing two bulls like that together in this day and age. I understand there are a couple of bulls like that in Ngorongoro.....but where else could you even see two together, Kruger?

Hi Wheels,

Yep, it is rare to see two big bulls like this together. Not sure where one would still see this today (Except Tembe Elephant Park!). There are probably in the region of 10 bulls there that are 100lb +, and quite a few in the 70-90lb range. While I was working there I had the privilage of seeing 3 bulls of this class together on a number of occations (big bull and 2 "askaris", although the 2 "askaris" were also in the 100lb range).

Isn't Africa Great!

Malcolm

Artist Peter Beard

watermark.php

Ivory trade East Africa 1880.

watermark.php

Ivory trade Dar Es Salaam between 1880 and 1923.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Royal Elephant Tusks at the National Museum of Bangkok

watermark.php

watermark.php

All I want is just one. I'm not greedy :)

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg