AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA - Az, NM, CO, MT, MN.
Anybody know if this is true?
13178655_10154701580795400_6729929713137485939_n.jpg

Would give a whole new spin to Asian Aphrodisiacs.

Would give a whole new spin to Asian Aphrodisiacs.

OK, if the little blue pill can get you up for four hours, what on earth will this red stuff do?

Well if it is truly toxic, I assume it would leave the user "a stiff"! :)

While it seems like a good idea initially, I don't know that it will stop any of the poaching. The poachers will still ship the horns to Asia, where they will still be sold. Now it will just be risky for the person buying the horn- its not like there's a USDA quality control center to grade your illicit rhino horn.

Another question- how toxic is the dye? Could it be fatal? If yes, then those conservationists run the risk of being charged with murder for intentionally putting poison into something planned for consumption. I'd be interested to hear from any lawyers on the forum that might have some perspective on this.

If its not extremely toxic, then it probably won't have enough potency to do anything as I imagine that the rhino horns are probably ground up, added to something else, and then consumed in very small quantities anyway.

Sounds like BS to me, but worth the post just for @Red Leg stiffie comment... :E Lol:

How can it be murder? The horns aren't intended for consumption. They are stolen and misused.

My understanding is that it penetrates the horn, so is really obvious. No idea on toxicity.

Was told on my first hunt that some were injection poison into horns! As we were leaving SA there was an article in the news paper about it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.