Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
How are conditions in Northern Namibia? Are game populations down? Or does it depend on the property and how much water is available?

.???? Good question! I think it's getting concerning everywhere in Southern Africa

What are overall drought conditions for RSA as well?..... Things can change in a dime.... Look at Texas. Technically, we are still in a long term drought. But every lake, River, stream, pond is brim full..... Thanks to 2-3 gully washers! However, aquifers are still depleted.

It makes me hesitant to book a hunt when you are looking at past performance in picture galleries but the condition have changed dramatically.

Reactions: BWH
True dat chief!

Heavy Rains Bring Relief, Damage in Namibia

Heavy rains in the north of the country ............

...... in the central north of the country as the rains brought sighs of relief to the residents, especially farmers who had lost many of their livestock during this year's "devastating" drought, according to The Namibian.

December 9, 2015

Thanks, I was trying to find weather trending report for northern Namibia.

Thanks, I was trying to find weather trending report for northern Namibia.

No clue if that did the trick, but at least it is some moisture.

Our neighbours donated a truck load of feed to farmers up north. We will be baling hopefully by the end of the month and sending it to farmers in need. It's effectively our winter storage but these guys are in desperate need.
Our farm burnt down almost 10 years to the day. Within hours truck loads of feed and anonymous checks arrived in the post! Our thoughts to those in Namibia!

Geen Boere Geen Toekoms!

Puttergill bales.jpg

Wow, Jono that is really honorable for you guys to take care of one another.

Just shows how many good people are in the hunting and animals business over there. Good on you jono for not forgetting peopel help you in the time of need.

Jono is a good man for sure as is the others willing to help out. I was in northern Namibia in September and I can tell you it's very bad. Ruined my leopard hunt that's for sure. Conditions improved dramatically as you traveled south. Last I heard last month from my PH nothing has improved. Bad state of affairs up there.

Had an email from Jennie at Ongariwanda last week .
They are about an hour north of Omaruru .
Jennie said they had some rain in december then it cleared up and got realy hot 45-50 .
The email was dated the 29th dec .
It had rained agin the previous day was raining again today .
The bush had all greened up but the ground was still like desert .
They were really happy with the weather and felt they were in for a good rainy season .
Id go if I was you enysse , sounds like it will be fine .
If you change your mind after paying for your trip just let me know ?
I can go and check it out for you if you like .
Cheers Dory .

I have not made my mind up yet. The place is in the Otavi area.

Helping each other. Texas did the same for farmers in Southwest Louisiana after Hurricane Rita back in 2005.

Our neighbours donated a truck load of feed to farmers up north. We will be baling hopefully by the end of the month and sending it to farmers in need. It's effectively our winter storage but these guys are in desperate need.
Our farm burnt down almost 10 years to the day. Within hours truck loads of feed and anonymous checks arrived in the post! Our thoughts to those in Namibia!

Geen Boere Geen Toekoms!

Jona if you see your neighbours tel them thank you very, very, very much...her in the NW it is really bad...some record temperature yesterday and today - 105-115deg.F (41-45deg. C) AND still no rain...

This is the area I was referring to, Killed my leopard hunt!

I hear that the kudus are dying... no leaves to browse!!!

Not to mention the die off from rabbis a few years back

Got a email from friends this week in Omaruru and they said they have had good rains as of lately and are quite pleased with the amount already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerriPrieu

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.