Dalton York Safaris Re-sign The Omay for 5 years

The main difference is going to be food and service. Both are nice seats but Qatar is over the top with everything. I'll likely never be in Delta One unless I get extremely lucky. $5000 is about my limit for a plane ride.
I'll be in the Premium Select for the first time and will report on it.
My group will fly Delta, overnight at City Lodge, Airlink to HRE, and finally a charter to the Omay.
@TOBY458 , @Rare Breed and 1 more are with me.

I e been in premium select on a couple of flights recently. It is much more comfortable than comfort+. More like domestic first class. The food was not upgraded however.

The main difference is going to be food and service. Both are nice seats but Qatar is over the top with everything. I'll likely never be in Delta One unless I get extremely lucky. $5000 is about my limit for a plane ride.
I'll be in the Premium Select for the first time and will report on it.
My group will fly Delta, overnight at City Lodge, Airlink to HRE, and finally a charter to the Omay.
@TOBY458 , @Rare Breed and 1 more are with me.
I look forward to the report!

I’m flying Qatar coach and I’m not excited about it ha. I’m going to overnight at the Amanzi and then take the 8 hour road ride to camp….
It’s a decent cost savings even with overnight accommodation on each end of the hunt, but we will see if it’s worth the savings. 32 days and counting.

@revturbo9967 ... Qatar coach... is that "back of the bus?" If so that's what I flew, in two legs: 14.5 hours and 8.5 hours. Frankly, between the wealth of TV shows, movies, and music available, and the fact I like to read... I honestly didn't think it was bad at all. I'd love to be in a financial class to afford those mini hotel rooms up front, but cattle class is worth the pain (for me) to hunt Africa, and Qatar's is pretty nice, IMHO.

@revturbo9967 ... Qatar coach... is that "back of the bus?" If so that's what I flew, in two legs: 14.5 hours and 8.5 hours. Frankly, between the wealth of TV shows, movies, and music available, and the fact I like to read... I honestly didn't think it was bad at all. I'd love to be in a financial class to afford those mini hotel rooms up front, but cattle class is worth the pain (for me) to hunt Africa, and Qatar's is pretty nice, IMHO.
Good to know, it’s not all the way back as I bought my tickets and seats 5-6 months ago. I’m excited for the whole experience

Good to know, it’s not all the way back as I bought my tickets and seats 5-6 months ago. I’m excited for the whole experience

Once I committed to the cheapest seats, I asked for way far back - closest to the toilets - and aisle seats for similar concerns.

Once I committed to the cheapest seats, I asked for way far back - closest to the toilets - and aisle seats for similar concerns.
I’m in the aisle but not too close to toilets. I heard there can be lines … I don’t have a seat behind me on any leg of the trip so I can recline the entire time

I was in the restaurant business for nine years. I know it all too well. By the time my wife and I left, we managed five successful restaurants and we each worked 70 hours a week. I started as a dishwasher in college and became the Regional Manager after college and moving up the ladder.

The government doesn’t limit the number of restaurants. There are thousands of restaurants in Colorado. There are not thousands of ranches that work with outfitters. In Colorado, our Federal Permits for outfitting on public land are limited and there’s a moratorium in many areas. This is to prevent overcrowding.

It is very competitive for the ranches as well. If an employee quits, he probably isn’t easily going to find new ranches to lease. He’s going to try to take them from another outfitter. If one of my restaurant employees quit and started a restaurant, he wasn’t going to kick us out of our building. It’s a totally different industry and I have a lot of knowledge of them both.

I have great relationships with lots of other Colorado outfitters and guides. We don’t step on each other’s toes very often. I was elected to our association BOD several http://essaypapers.reviews/ times by my peers and have been a stakeholder on several public working groups with the federal and state agencies over my 32 year career. I was a BOD for the United Sportmen’s Council of Colorado. The last several years, I have taken a step back from boards and politics due to family commitments, grandchildren and personal hunting. My employees are very important to me and I have taken some of them on trips.
There is no limitation on the number of restaurants, whereas in the outfitting industry in Colorado, Federal Permits for outfitting on public land are limited to prevent overcrowding. The two industries have different dynamics, with outfitting being highly competitive, and employees trying to take leases from other outfitters. Additionally, I have extensive knowledge and experience in both industries, having managed successful restaurants and worked in the outfitting sector for 32 years.

I e been in premium select on a couple of flights recently. It is much more comfortable than comfort+. More like domestic first class. The food was not upgraded however.
Flew 200/201 last year in Premium Select
WAB is exactly correct

I’m flying Qatar coach and I’m not excited about it ha. I’m going to overnight at the Amanzi and then take the 8 hour road ride to camp….
It’s a decent cost savings even with overnight accommodation on each end of the hunt, but we will see if it’s worth the savings. 32 days and counting.
It is nice for me to have a group to split the charter plane cost. Much faster way to camp and it feels pretty cool flying in on your own plane!
enjoy.

Oh no. You want to be in the front to get off the plane sooner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tooter57

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!