Customer Service Matters

EDELWEISS

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US, Canada, Middle East(does that count)
This is a rant. I wont "out" the company. Thats not important, what is important is service.

A month ago I was on a NPE (None Permissive Environment) weapon kick, I saw an item that I liked. I called the company, spoke to the owner, told him what I wanted AND told him when I needed it. He said that he could have it to me in plenty of time, so I placed an order with a company. I paid by PayPal on his website. I used PP because I was in The US and he was in Canada.

A few weeks later, when the item still had not arrived, I emailed him and we spoke again. He confirmed my "Need By Date", and said no problem, not to worry he'd have it to me in time. A week later when it hadnt arrived, I emailed him saying, if the package hasnt been shipped to cancel my order and refund my money.

He emailed back saying the item would be shipped the next day and included a photo, showing a modification that he made to the item without advising me. I told him not to sent it, because it was too late and because it was not what we agreed on. He sent it anyway, saying that he had been ill and wasnt refunding me because it was delayed due to him being ill.....

My point is I know that I had made it clear when I needed the item AND that I did not want it if it could not arrive well before that date, so that I could get used to using it before I actually needed it. I made sure he knew and agreed to all of that, then I paid him. By contrast when I have purchased items from other sites, sometimes Im ok with waiting for "normal delivery" and sometimes I have agreed to pay extra to get it mailed so it would arrive the next day. In this case, I would have considered a "rush" fee; but it wasnt offered, neither was it supposed to be an issue. Im sorry he was ill. Im sorry he and his staff couldnt get me the item in time; but Im pissed that he feels like its ok because he was sick. Im also pissed that he insisted on shipping the order after being told at least twice that I wanted to cancel the order. Im pissed that he changed the design without at least advising me and Im pissed that hes being an ASS about the whole thing.

I had planned to do an Evaluation/After Action Report when I returned from Afrika. Thankfully I found a substitute that arrived within 3 days and so far its amazing. I will write about that one when I return. For now be careful what you buy from Canadian leather companies that market coin saps....

I would say you are indeed hacked off sir. I will look for your report one the item you bought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertinaG

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you